1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to restore your account using friends if you dont have security answer?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by mdweller90, Mar 14, 2016.

Hello, my brother's account has been recently hacked..I have searched topics saying you can restore it via friends and that facebook allows that option if you dont know security question..Unfortunately whenever we try that, there is no such option and after some attempts it just says '' you are trying too often'' and locks you down..can anyone help?>

mdweller90, Mar 14, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Hacked? Or did he leave it open somewhere and somebody took advantage of the security lapse? I only query that because I see my kids accusing their friends of hacking their account when what they've done is left a laptop open or a phone unlocked and the friend has just hopped on and made mischief.

Has the email address associated with it been changed?

sarahk, Mar 14, 2016 IP
  3. Dario McNut

Dario McNut Member

Best Answers:
    Simply identify your friends picture and name. But of course, reset your password if you must.

Dario McNut, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  4. mdweller90

mdweller90 Peon

Best Answers:
    We cant restore email since its also used ...we know the profile sufix so we go to option where it says no longer have access to email...we enter new email and fb says there should be option to chose friends if you can';t remember secret question ( and im quite sure no one remembers that the time you created acc) and there aint any option to do that...

mdweller90, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  5. mdweller90

mdweller90 Peon

Best Answers:
    co
    could you provide any more assistance?

mdweller90, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    In what way?

sarahk, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  7. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is that the only option Facebook offers?
    There should be a phone number or identify tagged friends option too?
    Either way if you really are not able to retrieve the account then this should be a lesson for you and your friend.

Patricia Ann Lee, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  8. mdweller90

mdweller90 Peon

Best Answers:
    well the only way we can do that is via friends option since he didnt register mobile number and email is also hacked....so we go to ''no longer have access to these'' than it asks for new email, we enter it and there is sec question which my bro doesnt even remember adding...now fb says there should be option to chose friends there but there aint...so i am wandering if we are doing anything wrong

mdweller90, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  9. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think it will be not a big problem! Your FB page must be conect with your phone or even email! Thanks for this ways you can get your page! Also, try to change your pass and everything will be fine)

JudySlean, Apr 14, 2016 IP
  10. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well the most important thing is how old is your brother's account and how often has he been using it before, this issue. If its very recent made facebook account with less friends, then you would not have much options to restore your password. My account faced same problem when I changed my ip address to a different location. At first I got two options to recover, security question and friend's photos to recognize. Then when both the options failed, I waited for a while, then again tried the photos option after couple of hours, still couldnot get in. Then after couple of days, I tried again, at that time facebook showed me three options to restore my password and the third option was my birth date, month and year. I could easily restore my account by inserting the birthdate, month and year. Then after signing back into my account, I made sure to delete all the unwanted friends in my list, so if it happens again, I can recognize my friends that show up in the list to recover the account :)

China_girl, Apr 16, 2016 IP
  11. ShuperMhen

ShuperMhen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can also access it by clicking forget password and find add phone number so that in that number they will send a confirmation code and follow the steps there, lastly you can access again your account.

ShuperMhen, Apr 22, 2016 IP