1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Reset / Recover Forgotten Windows 7/Vista/XP/2003 Administrator Password

Discussion in 'Security' started by convenchan, Dec 8, 2011.

Many times we face this problem when we or our friends forget Windows XP password and can't log into Windows. So here we are posting a few methods / utilities which can be used to recover Windows password:

1st Method: The first thing which you check if you forget login password. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account ""Administrator"" and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget your user account password then try this:

Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it'll show Classic Login box. Now type ""Administrator"" (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.

Now you can reset your account password from ""Control Panel -> User Accounts"".

Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.

2nd Method: Windows XP and further versions also provide another method to recover forgotten password by using ""Reset Disk"". If you created a Password Reset Disk in past, you can use that disk to reset the password.

3rd Method:In fact, there are some convenience ways to help us to be far from that nightmare, as long as you paste "windows password", "xp password", "administrator password", "vista password", "windows xp password", "forgot windows password", "windows administrator password", "windows password recovery", "windows password reset", "windows password Recovery", ect to google, there would be many related results. One of the most reliable way is to take use of windows password Recovery which is a current windows tool for empty or reset windows password for PC users even computer freshman. With windows password Recovery, just a few steps, you can re-login your PC without any data loss.

Step1. Download Spower Windows Password Reset and save it to your hard disk. Take note of what folder you saved the file in.

Step2. Burn the downloaded ISO file onto a CD. * To burn your CD, you'll need a blank CD-R . * If you are familiar with burning .iso image files you may use any software you already have such as Nero, Sonic, Roxio etc.

Step 3. Put in your newly created CD and remove your Windows password.

convenchan, Dec 8, 2011 IP
  2. ideamine

ideamine Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Thanks for sharing this. Have a good day :)

ideamine, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  3. Lancelott11

Lancelott11 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, great handy tip

Lancelott11, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  4. visualgaurd

visualgaurd Peon

Best Answers:
    hey budy thanks for the tips it's overwhelming for me because many times i forgot my PC's password and call to system admin for repair it but now i feel i can solve this issue myself now onwards. Thanks

visualgaurd, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  5. ezbnc

ezbnc Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the great information never locked myself out but good to know.

ezbnc, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  6. Sharakata

Sharakata Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this works well on windows password reset/recovery, see the video below, you won't afraid of losing password in future.

[video=youtube_share;RSIsij6i8z0]http://youtu.be/RSIsij6i8z0[/video]

Sharakata, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  7. Ella_Z.

Ella_Z. Peon

Best Answers:
    I know that the last thing you do to crash all the passwords (if you forgot them and nothing helps) is to take away that small inner battery.

Ella_Z., Feb 28, 2012 IP
  8. sam20e

sam20e Member

Best Answers:
    thanks alot for the information

sam20e, Mar 2, 2012 IP