1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to reset photoshop to default except reinstalling it.

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Sayedtaqui, Dec 24, 2012.

I m new to photoshop and a lot of time it happens that I mess up with the settings and hence find it very difficult to draw what I want.
    How do I reset the photoshop settings to default? or how do I reset the settings of a paticular tool?
    I dont want to reinstall it.

Thanks in advance.

Solved! View solution.
    Sayedtaqui, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  2. npassweb

npassweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's not possible i think. Google it

npassweb, Dec 24, 2012 IP
  3. nagarajdh

nagarajdh Member

Best Answers:
    Only you can do this, Open PS go to Windows tab and select Essentials(default), Hope it helps.

nagarajdh, Dec 26, 2012 IP
    It's possible and really easy actually, I've done it a million times.

Press Ctrl + Alt + Shift and WHILE holding them double click on the PS icon to start it, you'll get a message asking if you want to reset PS to its default settings, click Yes and you'll be all set.

This doesn't work every time so it may take a couple of tries. An easier way would be to click on the PS icon from the Start menu, or just right click and select Open.

Cheers

Craftora, Feb 14, 2013 IP
    muffet likes this.
  5. Sayedtaqui

Sayedtaqui Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Craftora thanks it worked just fine, I got the alert saying DO YOU WANT DELETE THE SETTING FILES?. I hit ok and the photoshop was reset. Though it did not happen by double clicking but it happened by opening photoshop in the right click option. Thank you very much.

Sayedtaqui, Feb 14, 2013 IP
  6. Craftora

Craftora Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah it doesn't work double clicking all the time etc. but I'm glad you solved your problem! Cheers

Craftora, Feb 14, 2013 IP