1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to research most profitable niches?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Lordo, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    E-commerce is such a wide term that you really need to know which business you'd be doing for selecting the niche.

Since you've not shared anything like that, let me tell you how I selected the niche for my drop shipping store.

I selected a niche which could solve a problem and had a target audience already so that I won't have much difficulty with promotions later on. I picked fan merchandise for Doraemon since its a favorite among kids and even adults. So I picked the characters and looked for all the products I could sell on my store like clothing, accessories, water bottles, bags, key chains, toys and even stuffed pillows.

You really need to see if your selected niche has a market and then check how well it is doing in the market using Google Trends. Then you can see if there are enough products you can sell on your store in AliExpress or from anywhere (like Amazon)

That's pretty much how I found my niche

Bella Lopez, Jan 6, 2018 IP
  2. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    You are obviously illegally selling counterfeits and it's just a matter of time before the brand owners shut your website down, so you will be out of business overnight.

Illegally dropshipping big name brands is the system promoted by a big time seller of a course on how to make a fortune dropshipping from Aliexpress, but he doesn't tell his buyers how many thousands of people have lost their businesses when the brand owners find out.

Walter Hay
    ProvenChinaSourcing

Importexport, Jan 7, 2018 IP
  3. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Walter

I am not selling any big brands names. That's the obvious thing about selecting your niche. You don't go after big box or brands. Rather generic things like clothing or keychains or bottles. Stuff like that. Also, I don't use illegal dropshipping per se. Of course, you need to do your research about the products and the supplier, only then you can proceed with a successful business which is both legal and profitable.

Bella Lopez, Jan 7, 2018 IP
  4. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    If any of the products you are selling carry the Doraemon name or images, what you are doing is illegal.

Walter Hay
    ProvenChinaSourcing

Importexport, Jan 7, 2018 IP
  5. Bella Lopez

Bella Lopez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are many people out there selling soft toys and T-shirts and other merchandise like that. I don't think I am doing anything illegal here but I'll look into the matter again. Thanks!

Bella Lopez, Jan 7, 2018 IP
  6. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    I'm pleased to learn that you will look into it, because I think you are on shaky ground. Look for court cases against counterfeiters. There are from time to time big batches of them, and when they are being sued for damages, the first thing the brand owners do is to shut down the websites.

Suddenly, no business exists!

Consider instead setting up a sustainable and safe business with small outlay by learning to buy small quantities direct from genuine manufacturers in China and other countries. I have taught many hundreds of people how to get manufacturers to supply orders much smaller than the big MOQs they usually quote.

By buying direct you will enjoy very big profit margins.The traders on Aliexpress buy from manufacturers, add a big margin then sell to you. You can bank that big margin plus your own profit margin extra. But for peace of mind you must avoid brand name products.

If using the big B2B sites such as Alibaba, don't believe what you read on their sales pages. The vast majority of suppliers listed ar traders masquerading as manufacturers. For a lot of help on the subject see my AMA Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing I will be happy to answer questions there.

First I suggest you read the short thread
    How illegal is selling replica clothing and in particular my post #22 there.

Walter Hay
    ProvenChinaSourcing

Importexport, Jan 8, 2018 IP
  7. seananthony

seananthony Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out my latest video I go into this! Let me know if you have any other questions after watching.

seananthony, Jan 8, 2018 IP
  8. AdaSpada

AdaSpada Peon

Best Answers:
    you can contact https://www.zipy.it/ they have good experience at it

AdaSpada, Jan 9, 2018 IP
  9. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    I think that the video above follows the same unwise path as almost every other Amazon niche analysis program, in adopting the advice of most Amazon gurus to look for "Hot Sellers" to sell on Amazon.

Entering the "Hot Sellers" arena is very challenging and is likely to result in expensive paid advertising being necessary due to competition in that field. It will very often also result in a race to the bottom when competitors feel threatened.

I teach how to find unique products. With unique products, competition will take a long time to catch up, and meanwhile you can follow the same process to find other unique products.

I believe it is far better to find products that have never been imported into the USA or whichever country where you are selling

Walter Hay
    ProvenChinaSourcing

Importexport, Jan 9, 2018 IP