1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Remove "Trojan.Exploit/Html:Iframeref."

Discussion in 'Security' started by richardswanson, Aug 6, 2011.

Hi, I have a wordpress site. My site was infected with malware. I have removed all of them execept "Trojan.Exploit/Html:Iframeref."

Can anyone please help. A step by step guide to remove it would help. I've tried different types of trojan removers. AVG hasnt helped. I have updated all my security preferences on windows.

Anyone can help?

richardswanson, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  2. Tanya Roberts

Tanya Roberts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buddy, your windows might have caught with that virus... Do it from another computer with antivirus..

Step:

1) Download "tar.gz" backup from your server (and compressed format is acceptable)...
    2) Extract the file where that virus has not infected the computer. Do not use your PC as it may have virus.
    3) Use a reliable antivirus as "Kaspersky", "Microsoft Security Essentials", "NOD32"
    4) Scan all the files.
    5) Have fun by uploading it back to your server.. 

Tanya Roberts, Aug 6, 2011 IP
  3. richardswanson

richardswanson Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Tanya, Im a dummy when it comes to these things. I dont know where to find the "tar.gz" backup. I have the database on my computer. I have done a anti-virus search and there is nothing on my computer. Someone online suggested the problem was on my database after i removed, a iframe code from my html files.

richardswanson, Aug 7, 2011 IP
  4. Tanya Roberts

Tanya Roberts Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok.. so did you checked the DB for virus??

Also I do had a virus in one of my PC and that was not detectable by any anti-virus but the files were still infected....

Also, as someone suggested to you, you might have a virus on DB, well that might be Half true as the Database cannot access the files on your server... Though DB have access via "LOAD_FILE" and "OUTFILE" system, but the permission on most of the server are so managed that they do not permission to access the files except their on GROUP/USER.

Talking about a virus on DB and with a Wordpress site, such thing can only be possible if they can execute PHP codes...

The only solution except that I provided on the previous reply is:

CHMOD 444 all the files, such that the files can only have read-only access and no writing access..
    Well I have to say that you cannot "Automatically upgrade the WP as well as plugins and themes. You have to do that automatically"

Tanya Roberts, Aug 7, 2011 IP