1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to remove the word home from Browser title?

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by classicmario, Apr 25, 2013.

Hi all,

I'm told that 'home' is a banned word by search engines in terms of h1 page titles.

MY Main page title is "Mario Bros" but Joomla forces it to come up "Mario Bros - Home"

Generally adding the page name after the site title is fine, I Want to keep it for all my other pages, but for the home page I want to turn it off

Could you tell me how I might do this?

thanks

Luke

classicmario, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  2. Maestroc

Maestroc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think what you are wanting to do is found in the menu manager. Go to the Main Menu and click your Home menu item. At the very bottom of the page will be a setting for Browser Page Title. If you put something in there it will override the default tab title to whatever you want it to say.

Maestroc, Apr 25, 2013 IP
  3. JoomlaDesigner

JoomlaDesigner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agree with above comment, best way to fix this is override the title by entering browser page title in menu items. Other way is you can use Global site name by configuring it in template as well.

JoomlaDesigner, Apr 26, 2013 IP
  4. ktn

ktn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go to the menu item you wish you change and expand the Page Display Options section and change the "Browser Page Title".

To remove the Site name from the title go to the Admin Panel, go to global configuration and under the "site" tab on the right hand side of the page should be "SEO Settings". In this area, you should see "Include Site Name in Page Titles" and you can change the behavior with that.

ktn, Apr 30, 2013 IP