1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to remove sitemap.xml.gz and sitemap.xml from google webmaster tool? Help Needed!

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by imepall, Oct 2, 2009.

With the use of google sitemap XML plugin I created sitemap.xml.gz and sitemap.xml file and now I cannot get rid of them from google webmaster tool. My pages cannot be found on google search engine anymore. It's really frustrating! I am able to delete the sitemap that I submitted myself but since these two were created automatically via the plugin, I cannot delete them. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

imepall, Oct 2, 2009 IP
  2. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    There will be delete and resubmit buttons just below the sitemaps...you could select delete button and check the box of sitemap.xml.gz or sitemap.xml whichever you wanted to delete...Hope it helps you!

Regds

Live2Write, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  3. imepall

imepall Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for your reply. The option you suggested only works on the sitemaps that I've submitted myself manually; but there is no "delete" option on the sitemaps that has been created automatically by the "google sitemap Plugin." The only option available is "resubmit."
    In the google webmaster tool, on sitemap section it says, MINE (0) and ALL (2). I want to remove the sitemaps from the ALL section.
    I just don't know what to do... and how to remove those two sitemaps from my google webmaster tool. And now next to the sitemaps, there is a big red X. Is this hurting my google ranking? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

imepall, Oct 3, 2009 IP
  4. imepall

imepall Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I am unable to get rid of those sitemaps being created automatically by the sitemap plugin from the google webmaster tool, is it okay if I disallow them on my robots.txt? Please advise....

imepall, Oct 4, 2009 IP
  5. imepall

imepall Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear that! I know it's really frustrating, and it's hurting my ranking on the search engines.:( Hoping to get some answers from the Pros!

imepall, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  6. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    A red check indicates its not accepted by google...it also hurts your ranking as it will not be indexing your recent posts or changes on your blog. You might want to upload a robot.txt to your root and then resubmit at webmaster tools...It should help I believe!

Best Wishes

Live2Write, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  7. imepall

imepall Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice. I disallowed those two sitemaps (sitemap.xml and sitmap.xml.gz) on my robots.txt, and submitted a new one, which I named as sitemap1.xml via google webmaster tool. So far it has not even indexed one page. Let's see how it goes. Do you think this is the right thing to do?

imepall, Oct 5, 2009 IP
  8. rvencu

rvencu Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, I have the same problem. I noticed that Google counts the total of links submitted: the ones in the non-existent or faulty sitemap plus the ones of the correct one.

Therefore I manually edited a sitemap.xml leaving only one link and put it to the folder where it was supposed to be found.

After resubmitting it I have only good sitemaps.

Richard

rvencu, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  9. alex_cristo

alex_cristo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there are two buttons - resubmit and delete just by selsecting and pressing delete button you can delete the sitemap also you can resubmit it through resubmit button.

alex_cristo, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  10. rvencu

rvencu Peon

Best Answers:
    As imepall noticed, there are manually and automatically submitted sitemaps. Delete button is available for manual submitted sitemaps only. See picture in my case - there is no delete button:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

rvencu, Nov 2, 2009 IP
  11. mycrystal2you

mycrystal2you Peon

Best Answers:
    I've the same problem. So by adding sitemap.xml.gz into robots.txt, does it go away the google errors?

mycrystal2you, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  12. dikayeah

dikayeah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    any idea to fix it?

dikayeah, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  13. pagipagi

pagipagi Peon

Best Answers:
    delete the website link

pagipagi, Dec 22, 2009 IP
  14. sagarrai000

sagarrai000 Peon

Best Answers:
    Delete .gz sitemap from your webmaster dashboard.

sagarrai000, Dec 24, 2009 IP
  15. mastersync

mastersync Peon

Best Answers:
    google need time to index your blog. the longestabut 2 week. If you use Wordpress, make sure you set the privacy settings that google dan index it

mastersync, Dec 25, 2009 IP