1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to remove or move down negative reviews from google SERP?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by gautamdev1990, Jul 28, 2017.

Hi all Digitals,

I have came across with a project which has some negative and low rating reviews in google search results.

When i search that company particular reviews, then some review sites like mouthshut and all come on first page with some negative reviews and low ratings.

I want to remove or move down those reviews on SERP 3rd or 4th page so that it can't affect the website.

So, what should be the strategy and steps to do so?

Thanks in advance.

gautamdev1990, Jul 28, 2017 IP
  2. thebrandman

thebrandman Member

Best Answers:
    You can't directly control the reviews that customers post about a business or service. Reviews are a customer's opportunity to share their like or dislike of something. It is unfortunate that some reviews are negative, but I would think intentionally silencing those who dislike your business or service would qualify as inappropriate sensorship. Silencing the negative reviews, just because you don't like them, actually damages your service, because it falsely represents who you are as a business.

If your business or product is receiving many negative reviews, then perhaps you should reassess the quality of your service, instead of trying to silence those who were disappointed in the service that they received.

Negative reviews can help you determine what needs to be improved within your business or service. Many negative reviews suggests that there is a great deal that you can improve about your business. No business is perfect. Silencing reviews so that your business can appear perfect could actually hurt you even more in the long run.

thebrandman, Jul 29, 2017 IP
  3. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the above writer. The reason there are reviews is that people can voice their opinion about a business. Attempts to bury negative reviews resemble censorship. I understand that this is a project for you but you must inform the company in question that they have to improve their service because otherwise this issue will not be solved. Even if you manage to move down the existing negative reviews, the company will have a new problem tomorrow or after two weeks when new negative reviews are posted.

MrKing01, Jul 30, 2017 IP
  4. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You cannot remove the negative reviews from that particular sites that shows in search engine result page. However if you are the owner of that company, you can join these sites where negative reviews have been posted and interact with the users and make your point there. It will be more helpful to you to sort out the things.

iwebsocial, Jul 31, 2017 IP
  5. gautamdev1990

gautamdev1990 Member

Best Answers:
    Ya you are right but the reviews are always not genuine..

Some can like your services and some not the same..

My concern was to push the negative reviews on later pages instead of 1st page..
    So, Please concentrate on this and tell me the solution?

gautamdev1990, Aug 11, 2017 IP