1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to remove background?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by gyahoo, Aug 5, 2010.

1. fleur9586

fleur9586 Peon

Best Answers:
    try google and photoshop.

fleur9586, Dec 18, 2010 IP
  2. jatrasmara

jatrasmara Peon

Best Answers:
    i usually use magic wand, magnetic selection, and quick selection

jatrasmara, Dec 31, 2010 IP
  3. php.freak

php.freak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Select the Image with pen tool then do reverse selection with alt+Ctrl+I and delete or change it.

php.freak, Jan 2, 2011 IP
  4. websitestudios

websitestudios Peon

Best Answers:
    Use the quick selection tool

websitestudios, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  5. bisma anwar

bisma anwar Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with you magic wand tool and magnetic lasso tools are best to remove background

bisma anwar, Jan 12, 2011 IP
  6. clippingdesign

clippingdesign Peon

Best Answers:
    As a professional we use photoshop pen tool to outline image for remove background which call clipping path. For complex image like hair or far you can use eraser tool or masking technique to remove image background or photoshop extension like knockout or other masking tools also you can use for cutout images.

clippingdesign, Jan 20, 2011 IP
    gyahoo likes this.
  7. flexorbits

flexorbits Peon

Best Answers:
    First I would use a layer filled with a dark or contrasting color of the layer or image I would like to work with. Say if it is a man on the foreground layer, I will use black color as the background layer. The new layer with black color filled is placed behind the layer I would then work with.

Now to change the background of a picture, I zoom the picture to nearly 400 times and use the lasso tool to pick what I need. Once the lasso selection is completed, I apply a feather of nearly 5.0 and Invert my selection. One more check to make sure my lasso excludes what I need on the canvas, I hit the Delete button to just have what I need on the canvas. You will be able to see your picture with clarity as the background color gives a good contrast. I will decide on the feather by the way how the delete worked for me. If required one can vary the feather values and hit delete button again. One could also undo what was done earlier change the feather settings and proceed with it again.

flexorbits, Jan 30, 2011 IP