1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Remove 1.679 Urls On Google Webmaster Tools ?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by suganux, Feb 11, 2013.

hello,

I have a problem with my site. I bought a domain kabarjember.com some time ago, and I get this domain without a problem. then I do web design, as well as fill in some articles. after that I submitted to google webmaster tools, and a few days later I was surprised by the warning '1600 + 'urls not found.

after I have studied, it is 1600 + urls from the previous owner of the domain (kabarjember.com).

I want to remove the urls from google webmaster tools account, but I can not do it, I asked for his help,

thank you.

suganux, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  2. sheetal2009

sheetal2009 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are receiving errors at Crawl Errors, then select all URLs and click Mark as fix.

sheetal2009, Feb 18, 2013 IP
  3. DaffodilSW

DaffodilSW Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As said above, remove them by selecting and clicking mark as fixed. But these URLs will appear again. So to remove these permanently you need to block these via robots.txt file.

DaffodilSW, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  4. James Chambers

James Chambers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Or better yet 301 permanently moved forward them to a similar page on your website and if you have no similar page then just pick one.. however that is a little dirty pool... but i have done it many times and gotten away with it .. that way when google crawls the old page he will index the new... It gets a little cumbersome if you have like 50,000 pages indexed on an old realestate site but not a problem, i invented an auto 301 forward that sets the 301 on the fly and only generates the 301 if that page is visited... let me know if you need some help with that... zero cost to you .. I do stuff like that all the time as a hobby.

James Chambers, Apr 7, 2013 IP
  5. nvidura

nvidura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it is better to setup a 301 redirect to one of your landing pages, rather than removing. If you have no significantly similar content, your bounce rate would go up for short period of time. But when it comes to SEO, each referrer will be counted as a inbound link, Don't loose them...

nvidura, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  6. nvidura

nvidura Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That will not just fix the issue, after a week again it will again be in webmasters tool as error. You have to fix any errors before marking as fixed.

nvidura, Apr 9, 2013 IP
  7. James Chambers

James Chambers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great comment nvidura... that is the very best advice anyone could give... and that is exactly what he must do to solve the problem..... But there is another little (real big) problem, and that is building one thousand six hundred and seventy nine 301 permanent moved redirectors. And worse yet is taking the time to select a page to send each one to... WOW! Big job.... but I can fix that for you in short order and it has worked on real estate sites with more than 100,000 old URLS indexed and no place to land on the new real estate site.... I can auto program all 1600 of the urls in about 2 hours and the program will auto pick the landing page... and if you point the 1,600 to new pages that you know are not yet indexed... WALA.. in short order you can get a whole bunch of new pages indexed so all those wandering around google findin some of the old site pages will find your new pages... and true if the old pages are about mushroom farming and your new pages are about vacationing in Hawaii... then what the hell mushroom farmers deserve a vacation don't they.... and better yet even if those folks don't like your site and the leave immediately your bounce rate will rise a little... but who the hell knows you may sell a Hawaiin trip to a mushroom farmer or two... at least the page is not giving not found and pissing google off 1600 times.. let me know if you need help... its all free... and again... if I ever ask for money after claiming free then pls report it here so I get banned for lying....

James Chambers, Apr 9, 2013 IP
    nvidura likes this.
  8. marycombs

marycombs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Guys when i check my sitemap it shows my site was last crawld at 2012-07-04 after that i have posted on daily basis but still shows site was last crawld at 2012-07-04 kindly help me what should i do?

marycombs, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  9. James Chambers

James Chambers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Tons of things you can do here, but first type site:yourdomain.com into the google search box... see how many pages are indexed..... do this occasionally to make sure google is indexing.. next in the list of pages that show up when you type site... you should see your domain name probably nr1 or maybe nr two.. on that listing scroll to the right to make the little >> show up... then scroll over to where the photo of your sites says "cache" click that and see just how long its been since google visited you.. if its July 2012 you are in deep kempshe.... but not to worry.. I will give you more instructions once you report back with the results of the test I have given you... This date cached is the last day that google crawled your index page.. you want to do whatever it takes to keep that date current... in other words no matter when you look at it, it says google came by today... that is the goal... sometimes it says to me that google came by tomorrow...LOL.. what that means is the time zone of the spider is ahead of mine.. of course they did not crawl it tomorrow....LOL.

James Chambers, Apr 16, 2013 IP
  10. James Chambers

James Chambers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Mary,
    I just stopped by and noticed you made no further comment.. did google finally show up or not.. If not, I just thought of something you can look at.. assuming you are running a blog and not a website.. Go to the back end and click on Settings -> Writing... and look at the bottom of the page to see who all is listed as getting pinged.. if the box is empty there is your answer...
    So scroll to the bottom of the Writing page and just above the "Save Button" if you see the following statement: "WordPress is not notifying any Update Services because of your site’s visibility settings." It means your site is not catering to google or any other search engines... but if you see a little box at the bottom with a bunch of urls to ping you are ok.. Let me know if the above statement is there and I can help you fix that... Next do a http://www.mydomain.com/robots.txt and see what the heck is in your robots text file.. make sure there is no google stay away stuff.. in there... also in the google tool box.. it shows you what is in your robots.txt file... also it shows a graphic as to the rate google is crawling your site.... alos if google has turned against you you will have a message in you tool box telling you the robots.txt file has shut them down... lots of things to check.. good luck let us know what you fine..
    Tom

James Chambers, Apr 28, 2013 IP
  11. dhrubo1

dhrubo1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is crawling your sitemap according to its automatic crawling rate but the post is indexed on a frequent basis, to know about that you can always check the status of the site:yourdomain. The same thing happened with me and when I checked actual status of the indexed page it shows it has been indexed 2 hours ago or something like that.

dhrubo1, May 7, 2013 IP