1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to reduce server response time and leverage broswer caching in wordpress?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Sean_murphy, Jun 3, 2016.

Hello all,

Just ran the website through google web speed checker tool. It is giving two major issues and they are the reson behind low speed. One is server response time and other is browser caching.

1. How to leverage browser caching in wordpress? I am using w3total cache with my wordpress. What should be done to leverage caching now?

2. How to increase server response time? My website is hosted with hostgator and the bandwidth is well allocated to the account, so there is no problem with bandwidth allocation. Do I need to speak with hosting provider? I am not facing this issue with other websites hosted on the same server.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Sean_murphy, Jun 3, 2016 IP
  2. HostWinds_Jesse

HostWinds_Jesse Member

Best Answers:
    Did you move your <script> tags to the bottom of you webpages? This can decrease load times. There is a plugin you can download to fix this. Bandwidth has nothing to do with speed, just the amount of traffic you are allowed to have. Depending on the server specs and what type of plan you have play a huge part in your website load time. Also you server location. If your website is hosted on a server that is located in China and you live in the us, your speed will not always be as fast if it was in Dallas, tx for example. My Wordpress site has a page load time of 1.02 and the forum attached to it is 781 ms. lol

HostWinds_Jesse, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  3. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hostgator is an EIG owned hosting company, which is considered my a very large amount of people as the worst in the business. (Google Them)

They overcrowd their servers, have poor equipment and usually always have poor server performance. The best way to improve the performance of the server is to change to a better quality host.

I have used a couple of their hosting companies (not knowing better) and once I changed host, saw a huge performance increase over them as well as great customer service, which is extremely rare with an EIG hosting company.

Hostgator was good till EIG bought them. Do some searches and you will see that this company has some very bad stuff on them around the web. Do a search on the BBB website and see all the complaints, and that's taking into consideration that most people will not even file a complaint with the BBB...

Good luck

ulterios, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  4. mrforum

mrforum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a quick solution i recommend installing the following two plugins:

* Autoptimze - It combines all the js files and css files separately, so that the number of requests to the server is reduced
    * W3TC - The best cache plugin, it already comes with a lot of cache options like browser cache, page cache, object cache and a lot more features.

mrforum, Jul 8, 2016 IP
  5. searchmaster

searchmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should install some cache plugin. And If you have budget you can go for dedicated hosting with some good host providers out there.

searchmaster, Jul 15, 2016 IP
  6. ijoome

ijoome Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There Is WP rocket Module Which Handel This but this module is premium.. and you can use wp super cache module..caching also depends on how theme is developed..

ijoome, Jul 18, 2016 IP
  7. aafable

aafable Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where exactly should I put the <scripts> file?

aafable, Aug 16, 2016 IP