1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to reduce bounce rate of a website?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by christinejoseph, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    How to decrease bounce rate

Use descriptive phrases in the title tag of your website.
    The bottom of the page is an extremely effective area for placing links to related content. Many a blogger raved that links located in this area of a web page actually get clicked on. Many people use ads there, but it's really a trade off beween monetizing your pages and decreasing the bounce rate of your site—it's your decision—choose wisely!
    Join community websites that allow you to advertise your website in your forum signature.
    Make your website easy to navigate. It may have the great content, but is it accessible?
    Increase quality of content and care about your visitors. Make it easy for them to navigate the site.
    Add more interactive content to your website.
    Give users more options to choose from on the page.
    Play around with different page layouts to see which one works best.
    Use prominent, visible links that are easy to notice in a glance, point them to featured articles. This is like giving your site a second chance.
    Anticipate visitor's interests and needs, and build your content and layout based on the logic you deduct.
    By organizing the content on your webpages, you save visitors valuable time and you make it easy to find things they might be interested in.
    Use subtle call-to-action phrases within the content (text links) right after the link in the same or next sentences.
    If the visitors recognize the purpose of a website, they are likely to take advantage of it. This will decrease bounce rate.

---

How to increases bounce rate

Large volumes volumes of first-time visitors will increase the bounce rate of your website.
    Attract visitors from Digg or StumbleUpon.
    Fooling the visitor with the title tag, meta keywords or meta description tags, that your website is about content it does not contain.
    People who come to your website from your own RSS feed will contribute to increasing the bounce rate of your website because it is common for them to be only interested in recent articles. These people have already read the ones you have published in the past! See? This doesn't mean high bounce rate is a bad thing! As you can now see, user loyalty can increase the bounce rate.
    Using iframes with analytics code on your site.
    Linking to the original source of where you got the content idea from. This should remind us to write original content. Let us be that original source for other publishers!
    Make your website someone's homepage/startpage. Although, this is not always the case. An established custom start-page website that implies using it as a homepage (awesomestart.com) has average bounce rate of about %40 to %50.

Webwaster, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  2. madhav

madhav Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because this is not a user friendly website. This Site is made for Search Engines not for human visitors. Try to give proper navigation. Proper headings of web pages, use right titles. Very less content site on the site. No user stay on the site with links. Only informative content and Proper navigation force to stay on the site.

madhav, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  3. madhav

madhav Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very good detailed explanation. i appreciate your efforts:)

madhav, Nov 15, 2010 IP
  4. Renzel32

Renzel32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make the Quality content and also rebuild page if possible..

Renzel32, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  5. Clicksell

Clicksell Peon

Best Answers:
    Check the downloading time of your website, Good call to action does work for the websites. Keep good call to action in all the pages.

Clicksell, Nov 16, 2010 IP
  6. teamaguilar

teamaguilar Peon

Best Answers:
    Content and quality of it is the deciding factor for bouncing rate.

teamaguilar, Nov 19, 2010 IP
  7. Matt K

Matt K Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you think that landing page design is a huge factor? I have a website that offers quality content but is only a PR 1 and has a bounce rate of over 60%

Matt K, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  8. John Breese

John Breese Peon

Best Answers:
    Try including video content and setting the link to this content as _blank

John Breese, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  9. Sim007

Sim007 Member

Best Answers:
    My own personal observation is that it is really hard to get a bounce rate under 20%, anything over 35% is cause for concern, 50% (above) is worrying

Sim007, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  10. myhel

myhel Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen your site... and agree with 3 items that was written by atxsurf. And I think you need provocative title and some tips articles.

myhel, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  11. saumil555

saumil555 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bounce rates can be reduce if put some introductory video on the home page,
    say it is of 3 mins video, vistor will watch that video. (ps video should be interesting and should load fast).
    Best of luck ...

saumil555, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  12. techdaring

techdaring Peon

Best Answers:
    You know, the bounce rate is the rate of people visit your site, how long they take in your site and leave. If the content isn't attractive, they leave immediately, so the bounce rate is very high.

If you want to reduce it, just give something is good that they will stay on your site for long time.

techdaring, Dec 3, 2010 IP
  13. John Breese

John Breese Peon

Best Answers:
    Body structure has a lot to do with it. If at all possible, try embed a soundfile that would force visitors to keep your window open to listen in.

John Breese, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  14. CherryRahtu

CherryRahtu Member

Best Answers:
    Very useful tips , I agree on check the page with the highest bounce rate and improve it, make the website easy to browse , add relevant internal link in the page.

CherryRahtu, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  15. ajshirle

ajshirle Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right about not having to scroll. That has helped my site's bounce rate.

ajshirle, Dec 4, 2010 IP
  16. Jackob2916

Jackob2916 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should go through your site and check if there is no h2 tags you should include your most targeted kw from which users are searching.. by doing so you can targed 2 more kws and users will be more attracted.. if then also bounce rate is still same than you should change your design.. so that users will think its new site and the chances for bounce rate will decrease..

Jackob2916, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  17. jas1414

jas1414 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very well written quite interesting i will try to follow next time when i get any problem

jas1414, Dec 22, 2010 IP
  18. seoexpa

seoexpa Peon

Best Answers:
    Well....I don't think bounce rate is really important .
    In some cases you can get awesome bounce rate even your site is not perfect.
    I believe if you have an adult or Entertainment site then it gets number of visitors spend lot of minutes on a site by clicking different pages. But if your site have only 3 pages and it's org and gov site then...?

My question is : I have a site. It contain only page....people visiting many times but bounce rate is 81%...How can i reduce?

seoexpa, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  19. Steve Marino

Steve Marino Peon

Best Answers:
    Due to the definition of "bounce rate", a site with one page is going to have an awfully high bounce rate. The easiest thing to reduce the rate is to have more pages.

Steve Marino, Jan 5, 2011 IP
  20. alodia

alodia Peon

Best Answers:
    alodia, Jan 10, 2011 IP