1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to redirect a new domain to a website?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by toreate, May 12, 2014.

EDIT: I've modified the URL's as I can't post them here. Don't know why - it says something about "can't fetch URL - server taking too long". Sorry.

Hello,

my web hosting is at Hostgator, and I want to set up two websites, each for a separate brand.

My first website is at (for example): wwwbrand1com (domain came with the hosting plan)
    I've installed my second website on wwwbrand1com/brand2

I bought the domain for "Brand2" on Namecheap and redirected it to wwwbrand1com/brand2, so if now someone visits wwwbrand2com, he is just redirected to wwwbrand1com/brand2.

What should I do if I want the brand2-dot-com to look like a separate website and not just a "sub-directory" of my brand1 site? Do I need to add a AddOn domain on my Hostgator cPanel?

Please take a look at the settings both in Namecheap and Hostgator. I'd appreciate your help. Thanks.

[​IMG]

toreate, May 12, 2014 IP
  2. toreate

toreate Member

Best Answers:
    OK, I've figured it out using these two sites:

http://support.hostgator.com/articles/cpanel/how-do-i-create-and-remove-an-addon-domain

Hope this helps to someone else also. :)

toreate, May 12, 2014 IP
  3. RobinInTexas

RobinInTexas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just delete the redirects then create an addon domain in cPanel and change the nameservers at namecheap to the hostgator nameservers.

cPanel will create a new home directory for the second domain

RobinInTexas, May 12, 2014 IP
  4. toreate

toreate Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. You've said it in a nutshell. :)

toreate, May 12, 2014 IP