1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Recover Full Centos Server

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by blacktiger786, Mar 11, 2015.

hi friends today we run accidentally command rm -rf * on our root
    which remove all server file . i want to recover our full server can any one tell me how to full cantos server recover from recovery software
    help me please

blacktiger786, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    1. Locate backup (which you of course have)
    2. Recover backup (which you of course have checked regularly, to verify its validity)
    3. ...
    4. Profit!

If you don't HAVE a backup, then you're shit out of luck (well, depending on what type of rm -rf * command was run). You might be able to recover bits and pieces of the information, but if this was just the software, just do a reinstall, and set up stuff again. If you have the proper scripts in place, that should take a few hours. If not... oops.

And really - rm -rf * BY ACCIDENT? Seriously? *headdesk*

PoPSiCLe, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  3. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're definitely out of luck if you don't have a backup. You could always send the drives away to a data recovery company ($$$$$$), but assuming this is a server you're renting, you're out of luck. This is why you take regular backups.

WSWD, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  4. ServerV

ServerV Peon

Best Answers:
    Out of luck, if you are using VPS you can check in your control panel of vps such as solusvm, hypervm, etc i hope you will get a full backup in central backup, you can also contact your vps provider to check if there is a remote backup of VM's in their servers, that's why we take an external backup daily of all our customers VM's to make our customers safe as we can, i hope you will get your backup in control panel.

ServerV, Mar 18, 2015 IP