1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to recover from Google PR drop

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Nima, Aug 19, 2008.

1. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    To be honest you may have got away with it had you not made this thread. There are people here that will happily report you to Google, and I wouldn't like to see that happen.

So far so good though :)

mikey1090, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  2. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you are right Mikey, but it was a test for me. Besides that directory is not that important for me anyways,

I can learn from my experience to fix my other websites or not let them go the same path

Nima, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  3. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    if google were to "flag the new domains with the same penalty" this could be a great tool to use to damage competitors websites, so that penalized domains would be worth holding onto to use in this manner..... take a penalized domain and redirect it to your competitor's site and it would make them drop in the serps

Google better not do it that way, or it will be a great tool for the blackhatters to use :mad:

canam, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  4. civicturbolive

civicturbolive Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, i think you not have the choice to restart to 0 with your pagerank!

In this case is recommended to buy a new domain name transfer your website on and redirect the traffic from the other one. I Personally think this is the best thing to do when google removed your pagerank you are blacklisted!

Good luck!

civicturbolive, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  5. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    smart post and I agree with you civicturbo, it seems like once google catches it's eye on your site and penalizes you, that site never seems to perform greatly after that no matter what you do to fix things..... it might bounce back some, but it seems like there is always a tiny penalty there (unless somehow you can get someone at google like Matt Cutts to notice and help you out, but even a reinclusion request can just draw there attention to where they find something else they don't like about your site or your links... it is just not worth it)

canam, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  6. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    after reading Jeff's article I decided to follow his path (to actually fix things as how Google wants it and wait for penalty to go away)....

I did that across all my directories (only 4 or 5 that i own).

Thanks guys

Nima, Sep 2, 2008 IP
  7. delsauzo

delsauzo Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the trick is to avoid the penalty in the first place. Google will do anything to protect the authenticity of their search engine results, sometimes I'm a bit wary of trying to 'hoodwink' them

delsauzo, Sep 2, 2008 IP
    Nima likes this.