1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Recover from Google Panda Update?

Discussion in 'Google' started by ATechGuy, May 27, 2011.

1. w2w3

w2w3 Peon

Best Answers:
    updated and unique content
    give panda fresh content...dont be spam, n google will love u

w2w3, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  2. ekscalibur

ekscalibur Active Member

Best Answers:
    continue to work on building backlinks and update your site with unique content constantly and i believe that you will get your rankings back
    GL

ekscalibur, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  3. ZamAnthony

ZamAnthony Peon

Best Answers:
    Writing more unique and fresh content is the best way to get back on track on ranking. Just like before, google likes fresh and unique content so it would best if you regularly update your site by fresh content. Also, social network sites can help you boost your revenue.

ZamAnthony, Jun 1, 2011 IP
  4. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just keep adding content and keep building high quality backlinks. Not much more to do.

unknownpray, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  5. gsmalarm

gsmalarm Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep adding content and backlinks may not work at all. Our website is hit by the panda, now all the ranking is gone, and send the reconsideration, google reply that our website is not violated the policy, no manual spam...etc.
    After hit by the panda, we found that it caused by the reason of we put the production information on B2B website (a l i b a b a). Now google deindex our website (totally disappeared), and rank the B2B website. Google panda is lock of ability on detecting which is duplicate and which is original content.

gsmalarm, Jul 22, 2011 IP
  6. sonu703

sonu703 Member

Best Answers:
    focus on good quality content and social bookmarks

sonu703, Jul 23, 2011 IP
  7. AskTheTrainer

AskTheTrainer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The only true way to recover is to get someone from google to give you the inside information or have them change the algorithm for you which they say they don't do.

Search cult of mac, their traffic went down and almost immediately google high ups, were contacted and they miraculously were back the next day.

If your site is loaded w/ copied crap which 75% of sites that are complaining about panda are, delete your garbage which caused the whole problem for legitimate webmasters and content writers (aside from Google giving adsense accounts to everyone and their spamming mothers) and start a unique site that you didn't steal.

AskTheTrainer, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  8. yaseen4u

yaseen4u Peon

Best Answers:
    Just add unique content and wait for the result.

yaseen4u, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  9. aliviamallan

aliviamallan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi mate,

Recently many websites got affected due to the "Panda Update" from Google. Google's panda update was all about removing spam from the web. All the content syndication sites and scraper sites were worst affected due to update. The biggest example of that were Ezinearticles, buzzle & many other. All the websites which were using duplicate content or irrelevant content are affected.

There are following steps to improve your websites quality so that it can recover from the update:

1. Quality Content: As always content is one of the important ranking factor. The content should be unique, relevant and informative. But the content should be unique, relevant, informative in a way so that the visitor reads the content. It should contain some real life content like questions, answers, eye catching tag lines, slogans etc so that the user gets engaged with the content & spend more time on site.
    2. Design Structure: The design structure of the sites now also one of the major ranking factor. The website should be well structured so that a user can easily navigate through the website to get the required information. All the information should be easily accessible.
    3. Quality Links: Backlinks are the major ranking factor but after Panda update you need to get relevant links from unique pages or sites. Now the links from directory, articles & press releases are less important than the unique links. To get unique links promote your site for link campaign with relevant theme sites & get links from those sites. Link Building is now more important than off page activities.
    4. Social Media: The panda update is more focused on social media & after the launch of Google+ social media is one of the major ranking factor. A website with more social presence will get benefit in search engines. More likes & +1 means more people are recommending the site so it gain in search results page. Socialize the whole website & let the visitors to share your website so that it gain more social presence.
    5. Reviews & Ratings: Try to add reviews & rating system for your products on the website so that a user can rate your site & also write some reviews about the experience with your site.
    6. Remove Unnecessary Links from Content: If you have added so many links to your website from the content then remove all unnecessary links from the content.

Alivia

aliviamallan, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  10. paulson

paulson Member

Best Answers:
    As we know Panda targets low quality or shallow content. Unique content is no more a criteria; the content should be of high quality, useful for the readers and should generate user interest. If your site has been affected by panda, find out the sections in your site containing low quality content and remove the same. Keep updating the site with great content wherever possible. ‘Write for users/readers not for spiders’

paulson, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  11. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    I've found that people are very reluctant to backlink these days.

Steupz, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  12. bacardirum

bacardirum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let's get one thing straight, Google do what they want when they want, regardless of what you do. My site has seen a hit from panda and I never have done anything in a wrong way, fully unique content, backlinks built naturally and my domain I have owned for over 5 years now.

All I can say is, thankfully I do this as a hobby, it's not my main income source. I would hate that my whole life depended on how suddenly Google decided to change it's mind over what is good or what is not. Who made them boss, screw them, in 2 years time there could be another key player. I am more interested in getting good traffic and whether this be by adcentre, yahoo, facebook, does not matter, there are endless opportunities. Google thinks this new update has made their serps a lot better, I can guarantee it has not, looking at search results for products all I see are affiliate sites with duplicate content still.

Also if this update was supposed to hit all those with duplicate content then why do I see a whole bunch of eccomerce sites on page 1 selling the same items with the same descriptions! Oh that's right, these guys are paying for adwords also and are 'big companies' the ones Google 'expect' that end user want's to see. All in the big G's favour.

Run your business as if Google was not here, what happens if Google does dissapear? Will you have no traffic source! You can not rely a business purely on Google, with the amount of lawsuits they get against them for criminal offences they are hardly Mr.Clean either, please please please. Whenever everyone jumps off the whole Google wagon things would be so much better for all. I feel ashamed that one company can dictate so many lives on this earth, I am just happy I am not a part of that, seen this a long time coming, 70% off my traffic is not from Google.

bacardirum, Jul 24, 2011 IP
  13. Torafox

Torafox Peon

Best Answers:
    just build new sites with a million+ of unique content pages - that's all :)

Torafox, Jul 29, 2011 IP
  14. Dotcom B

Dotcom B Peon

Best Answers:
    if you have 100% unique contents on your site why dont you appeal for a review?

Dotcom B, Jul 30, 2011 IP
  15. rajkuamrjonnala

rajkuamrjonnala Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just Update the website with fresh and quality content... Please no More duplicate contents it will effect your site very badly...

rajkuamrjonnala, Dec 17, 2011 IP