1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to quickly uncover high demand keywords that have NO competition

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by SuperSimpleGuy, Feb 28, 2007.

1. motoxxx

motoxxx Peon

Best Answers:
    To see how many people have optimized their site for your specific keyword in Google simply type allintitle:"KeyWord Phrase Here". this will show you how many website have actually placed your keyword in their title. The results on the tool that was posted didn't give me much of an explanation of what the numbers were, where they came from (Google, Overture, Dogpile etc) The wording looked like it was from Wordtracker but the jumbled numbers were more like A Walls tool. The information you are seeking is called KEI (Keyword effectiveness index) and was a formula of the number keyword phrase searches vs the number of competing websites. It was a formula that was put together by a gentleman named Sumatra Roy. This shows how desireable a keyword phrase can be.

motoxxx, Apr 30, 2007 IP
  2. xenergy

xenergy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice thread. I found the "free report" from nicheinspector.com is very useful, just register your email and got the free report sent to your email.

Note: I'm not related with the owner of nicheinspector nor the site's affiliate

xenergy, May 21, 2007 IP
  3. Dave4559

Dave4559 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good thread, thanks all for the info.

When researching keywords, I find the most frustrating thing is that Overture jumbles the words around in phrases. Like in the above mentioned example - they will return Atlanta estate real, instead of Atlanta real estate. As most of the keyword research tools draw from overture, the R/S and KEI results are then useless. Does anyone know of a (paid) tool which does not draw related words from Overture??

I use Keywords Analyzer, which I think is a great tool with heaps (and heaps) of features, however it draws its words from overture (so jumbling causes problems) and the competition is measured by google "results" not title or anchor results.

Dave4559, Jul 18, 2007 IP
  4. Ckrismoney

Ckrismoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i found this out by mistake i miss spelled a seach term and only a few sites popped up.

So maybe if you put a miss spell a keyword on a page in your site that page may show in the search results with less comp. But it would still have to be a rare keyword like the one i spelled wrong i don't remember it sorry.
    :confused:

Ckrismoney, Jul 20, 2007 IP
  5. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    A+++++ thread and tool!!! Thanks a lot, this will defintly be bookmarked and go on my website as a link for keyword research !

GeorgR., Jul 23, 2007 IP
  6. gcalcines

gcalcines Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very good and useful info in this thread.
    Thanks every one...

gcalcines, Jul 27, 2007 IP
  7. BlogLover

BlogLover Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right, but it will soon wear you out if you try doing that manually for 100+ keywords at a time :(

If you are talking about Keyword Enchanter, the link to the explanation for the figures is given right above the title "Keyword" after you do a search. You won't miss it ;)

As for the source: Keyword Enchanter draws it's search statistics from both WordTracker and Overture. I hope to add KeywordDiscovery too as soon as I get some time to do it.

Most of the tools' KEI is indeed useless, but this is mainly because of the way they compute their competition. See this thread for how Keyword Enchanter derives it's competition stats, and then check out it's KEI.

I see you have already done that, George. Thanks for the link. Great site you have there ;)

BlogLover, Aug 1, 2007 IP
  8. Neale

Neale Peon

Best Answers:
    Neale, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  9. phoenix.corp

phoenix.corp Banned

Best Answers:
    When I last tried to put this search method in practice I went crazy.
    What I do now is each time I can set up a new site is choosing a not so broad niche, for example, ecologic cars, and I find the right keywords within the topic as I create the pages or posts.
    I know we all want to create a niche site with zero competition and getting tons of traffic right after we uploded the site, but that is not possible, we'd better work hard, because working smart is not always possible.

phoenix.corp, Aug 10, 2007 IP
  10. SuperSimpleGuy

SuperSimpleGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I didn't show up... sorry, but I just wanted to thank you very sincerely for your replies, I'm happy to see that this subject is advancing; I'll be back as soon as I find something interesting.

All the good people participating in this subject: Thank you very VERY much! :) for giving your help and sharing your advice!

See you soon!

SSG.

SuperSimpleGuy, Dec 6, 2007 IP
  11. doodnothin

doodnothin Peon

Best Answers:
    BlogLover's tool is disabled. Anyone know where to find it somewhere else?

doodnothin, Apr 1, 2009 IP