1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to put exact ,broad match types in Yahoo ?

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by malikwiki, May 19, 2009.

I know how to put exact match in adwords by putting [] around KW.. How to put exact match , phase match, board match in yahoo ????

malikwiki, May 19, 2009 IP
  2. alhermette

alhermette Peon

Best Answers:
    Yahoo works differently, there is only a choice of standard match or advanced match. This has settings at the Campaign and Adgroup level (go into the settings page to find it).

Standard match is supposed to trigger only for singular / plural versions and common misspellings. My experience does not support this with the system triggering for a much broader range of terms (occasionally with the exact opposite meaning to what you intended). Advanced match is supposed to be more like broad match and will trigger for some very different terms.

If you want to use advanced match it has to be enabled at the Campaign level and also the account level otherwise the standard match setting higher in the account structure will override anything that you set at the adgroup level.

It is also possible to set the match type at the individual keyword level by going into the keyword's settings.

The system is very awkward and the worst thing is that you can't tell what the match type is set to without going into the settings page for each adgroup / keyword.

alhermette, May 20, 2009 IP
  3. shrkscn

shrkscn Peon

Best Answers:
    Select standard for your keyword matching.. advanced is basically the broad, phrase & exact while standard is only phrase & exact.
    yahoo negative keywords are also different... I lost some money because I put -free in my adgroups & yahoo triggered ads for free.. I got lot of impressions for keywords free & got lot of clicks & lost some money... :)

shrkscn, May 22, 2009 IP
  4. 132627ku

132627ku Peon

Best Answers:

Good and deeply share..
    Thanks..
    until now, i just use standart match and 'broad' only

132627ku, May 24, 2009 IP
  5. mrb348367311

mrb348367311 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with this. I NEVER use the stupid "advanced match", chich unfortunately is on by default. You wont even beleive some of the keywords that will trigger your ad when this match type is used. Even the "standard match" is bad enough (it will trigger the ad even if the keywords in the phrase aren't at all in the right order).

mrb348367311, Jun 1, 2009 IP