1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to promote website effectively

Discussion in 'Directories' started by Meag, Apr 3, 2018.

Do you still believe that directories are effective for web promotion?How do you promote your website?
    SEMrush
    by the way:
    What kind of optimizations would you add to mine https://www.bestadvisor.com/

Meag, Apr 3, 2018 IP
    SEMrush
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    directories maybe good for diversity links in order to mix up your link profile.
    and you should only go for the top solid directories that carry some weight...
    anything less will simply be a waste of time, and effort, and you could end
    up with bad results if you submit to many; overall, directories are considered low quality.

dscurlock, Apr 3, 2018 IP
  3. Kristin Atkinson

Kristin Atkinson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Directories are a great way of gaining additional traffic to a website. I would consider signing up for multiple, especially if you own an eCommerce store, check out our online business directory to improve traffic to your website - https://www.integritycommerce.com/

Kristin Atkinson, Apr 4, 2018 IP
  4. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure if there any new techniques for SEO, I believe the SEO techniques still same but only the ways are different, its same like Web Directory submission.

Decade ago, Search engines would not mind if you submit your site in any Web Directory, or using any keywords you like as Title, But today, You need to use brand URL as TITLE.

suwandichen13, Apr 10, 2018 IP
  5. bbharath

bbharath Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as I know directories are dead, so try other methods to gain traffic.

bbharath, Apr 13, 2018 IP
  6. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing is dead in SEO world, Only the way is change or alter, Its still same like the old day but today is more refine.

suwandichen13, Apr 15, 2018 IP
  7. danib

danib Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that the directories have ceased to be what they were, in fact years ago yahoo directory has been removed and DMOZ, this is a clear signal that they no longer fulfill the function they previously fulfilled

danib, Apr 23, 2018 IP
  8. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Directories are not completely dead, Just not as busy as they once was, In saying that new directory owners are heading more toward business type directories these days rather than a web directory.

Best Regards

phplduser, May 24, 2018 IP
  9. Jackie2006

Jackie2006 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes Directory links will help if you choose high Metrics like DA, PA & MozRank, and yes check if that is maintained by the human with perfect categorizations and relevant websites listing within the categories. This process does apply only in Directories but also in other link building methods.

Choose carefully....avoid risk & penalty.

Good luck...
    Jackie

Jackie2006, May 26, 2018 IP
    phplduser likes this.
  10. faisal_w

faisal_w Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all,
    I am also looking for ways to promote my business and craft an effective marketing strategy. So far, I only checked online tips and tricks, since the business I run is quite small. A good resource is this: https://pay.g2a.com/blog/ecommerce-business-ebook3/
    I`m sure you`ll find it useful, too.
    All the best,
    Faisal

faisal_w, Jul 8, 2018 IP