1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to promote my site?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by chroncile, Nov 9, 2007.

1. BryceW

BryceW Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not enough content, too much of everything else. Keep in mind that ads and other external links will take visitors AWAY from your site. If I came across the site I would leave pretty quick as Im not getting much out of it. People goto sites because they want information, for free and they want it quick. Your site only has a tiny snippits of information that gets lost in a world of ads.

From personal experience (I live off my sites earnings), less ads can bring your CTR up and make you more money than having more ads.

If I were you, I would write a little more about each hack in your posts. The Americas Army hack post has the right amount of content, it explains to me what the hack is going to do and entices me to download it. Much better than the "oh. hai. this is a WOW hack. download it plz" posts above. By having more content your Google ads will become much more targeted to your topic which will lead to higher CTR.

Also, your content is too far down, below the fold. If I hit your page via a search engine and I couldnt find what the site was about... nor could find any content straight away I would leave pretty quick.

BryceW, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  2. chroncile

chroncile Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I know about the content, I know it's too short :(
    But, the thing is, I'm too lazy.

chroncile, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  3. sport302

sport302 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just think you should be able to read some content on a person's website without having to scroll down. Right now all I see is ads when I bring your site up. Remember adsense should be like your last resort for income. Not only is it low paying it drags people away from your site completely. Many affiliates programs pay much better plus they can open on a new screen without leaving your site.

sport302, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  4. hyper

hyper Peon

Best Answers:
    try this method !
    It won't boost your your traffic too much ! but it will be something ! :)

Click here ! :D

hyper, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  5. kingofbigmac

kingofbigmac Banned

Best Answers:
    way to cluttered at top. Do what others suggested.

kingofbigmac, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  6. eragonies

eragonies Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi chroncile,

your site looks nice actually..in my opinion, if you can elaborate the content instead of your bullet point, I think you can boost your traffic more.

p.s: you already have good niche there..:D

eragonies, Nov 10, 2007 IP
  7. chroncile

chroncile Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a good niche?
    How do you know?
    Yeah, I agree with you, I should add more content to my site, but the ads, I don't know, I think I'll keep them.

chroncile, Nov 11, 2007 IP