1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to promote coupon website?

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by arrisweb, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hi,

I wonder if you have any ideas - how to promote coupon website?
    No adwords please!

arrisweb, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  2. seage212

seage212 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well getting a coupon site popular is quite difficult because the coupon market is pretty big. The way I would go about getting it popular, this method is always used do some onsite SEO work, maybe get a blog going on it if you haven't already and start getting your blog ranked. (you could possibly talk about the latest coupons in-depth on the blog) As for getting it promoted elsewhere, go onto sites which have a freebies section and post your site on there although be sure you don't look too spammy, explain it in detail.

The coupon market is very difficult so expect slow but steady growth. Hope this helps.

seage212, Jun 25, 2013 IP
    tentwenty likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You should push it on various classifieds: CL, backpage, olx, qwikad, classifiedads and some others. Posting ads is a lot of work, but it can pay off at the end.

Also, you said no adwords, but what about bing ads? It can be way cheaper to advertise it there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2016
    qwikad.com, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  4. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Classifieds ads could be good, thanks. Bing ads I will try too. I said no adwords, cause it is too expensive for me.

arrisweb, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  5. gaush007

gaush007 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The best option to promote a coupon website is to create a strong website with good On page SEO and navigation. Then try to register with affiliate program which are paying commission in form of coupons and then promote the niche from your coupon website. This is the best technique to promote. Try searching for products which are less competitive in nature and will fetch good commission to you in future.

gaush007, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  6. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I bought a script form http://www.couponsitescript.com/. Over the years I came to work with more then 4000 programs and about 5000 deals/week. If it weren't for the automatic import/self promoting plungins I would have the following problems:
    1. Any ad's would cost me a lot. No to mention the huge amount of time to set them up.
    2. Any promotion of the programs would take huge resources.

So consider something smart from the beginning ( to the research more in order to work less after that ).

aditd, Nov 14, 2013 IP
  7. supermmo

supermmo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi aditd,
    You mean using a automatic plugin, right ? I'm checking AppThemes' plugin for Coupon site.

What do you think about top niche market ?

supermmo, Nov 16, 2013 IP
  8. Sheroze

Sheroze Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your all suggestions guys need some thing different like if how i can i earn through bing or adwords if i have coupon website let spouse if i spend weekly $50 for my paid advertisement how much i earn on $50 and also have a look on my website let me know your thoughts as well. http://onlinecouponspot.com

Sheroze, Nov 17, 2013 IP
  9. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That is a theme ( how the site will look ). I'm talking about plugins that import coupons and reduce your work to 0.
    Usually people don't go to a site because it's shiny and has a cool design. They go cause they need something ( in this case coupons ).

@Sheroze - for sure you will have to spend 50$ on ads and see how much you make. No one and I mean no one can tell you the answer for this.
    Example: if you advertise a product for which your commission is 0.01$ how much do you make. What if the product brings you 298$ per sale?

aditd, Nov 18, 2013 IP
  10. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to promote not just a coupon site but any site, it's a good practice to auto share your content on social networks and social bookmarking services via content distribution. In addition, article marketing and document sharing is a wonderful way to get the word out about your site without having to spend a dime on PPC paid advertising services. Additionally, it's also a good practice to attach a WordPress blog to your site so you can personally blog your feelings and thoughts about specific coupon offers that will appeal to a certain audience. You can install useful WordPress plug-ins to enhance the look and functionality of your block, the bus, helping you to rank better in search engines. Hopefully, this will all give you something to think about as well as intensify your online marketing creativity.

EngineerofSuccess, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  11. dean1122

dean1122 Member

Best Answers:
    it is not the matter of coupon site or other .
    i have some tips for you for website promotion.
    Proper SEO is the 1st to success.
    Social media, like FB and Twitter has shown substantial impact on websites traffic. Neglecting the cliched uses of social media, Facebook and Twitter has provided a marvelous platform to advertise your page to the relevant audience.
    If you have got some good marketing budget for your website, affiliate marketing is one of the best choice.

dean1122, Nov 19, 2013 IP
  12. balsamz

balsamz Peon

Best Answers:
    one o
    one of the successful ways to promote your coupon website is to create a app version out of it and earn from cpm mobile ad networks. and work on advertising your app as well.
    Hope i helped with something.

balsamz, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  13. Julie Anne

Julie Anne Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just put some links up on Twitter after putting coupons on a blog. I got some traffic to the blog, but I have to work on making the offer more compelling. Some of these other ideas may be helpful.

Julie Anne, Dec 13, 2013 IP
  14. overplague

overplague Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi, can anyone explain me how to promote website using affiliate program?

overplague, Oct 18, 2014 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.