1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Promote Affiliate Using Email Marketing?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by martin91, Jul 31, 2008.

Hi, I've been doing affiliate marketing for a little while using search engine but never tried email marketing.. so here's the question,

1. What is the basic tools and steps you need to get started?
    2. How is it different from using web and search?

For right now, just got these two questions. Will ask more after this,

Any body succeed with it? please share your experience and how you got started. We'll be glad to read.....

martin91, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  2. basu777

basu777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate Marketing Means Using Email Marketing
    By David McKenzie - Wed, 05/14/2003 - 2:04pm.

Get it right and you will be a successful affiliate. Get it wrong and you will be just another affiliate statistic. (It is estimated that between 80% and 90% of affiliates make little or no money from affiliate programs)

What email marketing methods work best to be a successful affiliate?

Here are 3 methods that consistently produce the best results for affiliates:

1. Developing a Newsletter

You MUST have a personal newsletter that goes out on a regular basis. Just because you're an affiliate doesn't mean you should not have a newsletter.

A newsletter with valuable information lets you build an email list. Then you can market your affiliate programs through articles and ezine ads in your own newsletter. I personally have experienced some excellent results by promoting affiliate programs I belong to in ezine ads.

I know I personally have clicked on thousands of ezine ads in newsletters!

2. Set up an Email Course

A great way to build an email list is to run a free email course.

You package some of your content into an email course running over perhaps a few weeks and offer it for free to subscribers.

What you can do is have links at the bottom of each email promoting a different affiliate program.

For example, if you offered a 5-part email course you could promote 5 different affiliate programs in each email. In each email would be a link to a different affiliate program. Each link would have your unique affiliate code.

3. Offer an Ebook Download

Another great way to build an email marketing list as an affiliate is to offer a free ebook download. You can offer the download via autoresponder so that an email goes out to each subscriber giving them the download page.

In that email you could promote a few of your affiliate programs.

You can also promote affiliate programs by having links throughout the ebook. However be careful not to just provide an ebook full of links - you want to provide quality information first and the affiliate program links second.

Email marketing is an essential tool for the successful affiliate. Use it properly and you will see some fantastic results!

David McKenzie is offering a Free Email Course "5 Tips to Being Successful with Affiliate Programs" http://www.1sthomebasedbusiness.com Click now for your FREE course!
    Digg This! StumbleUpon This!

basu777, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  3. martin91

martin91 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info. Any body have experience with email marketing? how is the conversion rate? and what is open rate, click thru rate, and other related terms ?

4. WilsonA

WilsonA Active Member

Best Answers:
    it depends on you, there are so many factors that affect the conversation rate and click through rate. You have to test and find out :)

WilsonA, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  5. martin91

martin91 Banned

Best Answers:
    but how do i get started(dumb question)? i know there's the software that many affiliates use, such as aweber but i don't know how to get subscribers. well i could create the site to catch the subscribers but that will take sometime before it pay me.... plus it won't guranteed that all emails that goes thru without end up in spam folders. It just what i'm thinking so if you have any statement that could make this clear, please post below...

also is there any blog that focus on email marketing? uberaffiliate.com and ianfernando.com are good place for ppc, not email?

6. TaylorH

TaylorH Peon

Best Answers:
    good post basu

TaylorH, Jul 31, 2008 IP
  7. affiliatebynature

affiliatebynature Peon

Best Answers:
    Conversion Rate

Conversion rate can vary, but with a double-opt in email list that you have built through article marketing, you can expect 0.25%-0.50% Conversion per Week (1%-2% per month). With ppc list building, you'll get about 1/4th the conversion.

Steps to get started with email marketing involve what basu said, but keep in mind that it all really comes down to quality: quality leads, quality free ebook, quality free newletter emails, etc. The higher the quality, the more people trust you, and the more they're willing to open up their wallets to you. Hope this helps. If you want to learn more, check out my blog.

affiliatebynature, Jul 31, 2008 IP