1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Promote a Fashion Related Website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by webmaster-32B2, Mar 21, 2013.

Hi,

Can anyone please provide me some useful tips for promoting a Fashion Related Website?

Regards
    WM

webmaster-32B2, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  2. digitalcreativenetwork

digitalcreativenetwork Member

Best Answers:
    1. Promoting fashion related website involves some strategies like searching related blog and post comment related to the content on your site. But don't spam else either your ckmment will not be published or nl kne wil take inferest in reading your comments.

Always write something related to reader's interest.
    Create youtube video and use keywords related to that niche.
    Search fashion groups on facebook ans like their pages and click likes and post commenfs on their timeline. This will give you more exposure.
    Create your facebook fanpage and the readers from other pages you are comenting on will start liking your page if you realy have updated somethig that interests the readers.

There are lots and lots ofother strategies that u may like to try.

digitalcreativenetwork, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  3. Sharpay

Sharpay Active Member

Best Answers:
    I assume this is for the website in your signature, fashionforwomens.com.

I'm going to focus on social media traffic & Facebook in particular. You can drive traffic & sales from twitter, pinterest, PPC, and SEO, but I'm no expert in any of those areas.

• Put the social media icons in the footer of your website at the top of the website to increase visibility.
    • You already have a Facebook page. That's awesome. Now engage with your readers. I see that you update the page with links to blog posts; don't stop doing that. There are a couple of ways to engage:
    • Bribe your fans- If I were your campaign manager, I would set up 3-5 highly targeted (I'm talking like 10,000 people or less) campaigns and pay less than $0.50 CPM to get people to like my page. To encourage it, I would host a giveaway for a $50 shopping spree at some fashion eCommerce store, preferably where I was an affiliate. Then I'd pay someone $5 or so at Fiverr (I'm no graphic artist) to make me a roughly 400x400 image with a picture of a $50 gift card & text saying something fancy like "Like this page & share this for your chance to win a $50 shopping spree at [Popular Brand where I'm an Affiliate]!" Then, if that turned out profitable, I'd do it every month. If not; oh well. You must have sold something so you can't be out the entire $50. And if you are... well, live and learn. At least you got some fans. I can imagine this easily bringing around 5k more likes to your page, and it will just go up from there.
    • The free way - Join groups & pages and post as your page. Don't advertise ever. Only answer questions and problems that people on other fashion-related pages & groups. Give them quality answers for fucks sake!!! They wont give two shits about your page if you don't. This doesn't just go for Facebook; this type of advertising is also really, really effective on forums. Put your website OR your fanpage OR BOTH :D as your signature link & your username can be FashionForWomens or FashionForWomensCom or something. Again, never fucking advertise blatantly!!!

The aspect of your business that you want to focus on is traffic, because traffic always* means more money even if your offer has a shitty conversion rate. That said, you can & should correct & test your conversion rate, but it is not the #1 priority!!!

*not always always, but based on your page I think you must have at least some conversion.

Sharpay, Mar 21, 2013 IP
    briguy likes this.
  4. CharlieL

CharlieL Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buy links on relevant pages.

CharlieL, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  5. Shane1234

Shane1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    Targeted traffic is something that applies to any and every niche out there. So this is what you need to succeed. Find people who are interested in fashion and connect with them. Youtube or video marketing is highly effective in terms of traffic and conversions. Create a youtube channel that is specifically about fashion and send traffic from your youtube page to your website. Go to fashion oriented forums and just how you put your fashion link in the signature here, put it there and become apart of the discussions giving your input. Write articles that are fashion related and post them to ezinearticles, goarticles, articledashboard, etc. And place your link in the articles to drive traffic back to your site. There are plenty of ways google and youtube how to bring traffic to your website and get some ideas on how get your site more visitors. Good Luck!

Shane1234, Mar 21, 2013 IP
  6. suidmach

suidmach Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to promote a fashion related website is by linking up with authorities in the field of fashion. Here are some ways:
    - Blog Commenting
    - Guest Posts
    - Frequenting Fashion Forums
    - Building a following on Facebook/Twitter
    - Contests
    - PPC with highly targeted keywords

suidmach, Mar 22, 2013 IP
  7. Amita seth

Amita seth Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Everyone up there suggested you online marketing tips to help you get your website popular. But I would like to suggest you to try out Mobile marketing, as its very important to reach out to the customers on their cell phones because mobile platform is growing up so fast, people are always there on mobile phones and an efficient Mobile SMS Service can get your website and products popular among your targeted audience.

I hope it ll help .

Amita seth, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  8. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Keep it simple at the beginning, *very* simple. Just use lots of pictures of trendy celebs and use lots of shots of high fashion models.
    Feature interviews along with the pics. Also have music going in the background. Have articles on the latest fashion wear...........Keep it simple!
    Use a lot of color, splash it all over the place...eye candy does work.
    Simplicity *will* attract advertisers but if you attempt to be clever and complicate needlessly, they will pass you by.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  9. webmaster-32B2

webmaster-32B2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all for your nice suggestions.

webmaster-32B2, Mar 23, 2013 IP
  10. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is what I usually tell people. Find out where your target market hangs out online, and get in front of them. Find other fashion related sites and comment on them with a link back to your site. Also do guest blogging on related sites. Write articles and find fashion forums to post in. Follow people into fashion (by keywords) using marketme suite, and they'll follow you back. Hope that helps.

ninjamtlt1, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  11. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    ^ *follow people on Twitter, that's what I meant to say.

ninjamtlt1, Mar 24, 2013 IP
  12. uhexos

uhexos Member

Best Answers:
    First make sure you have solid content that your readers will enjoy.
    Join a fashion related forum, add your signature and contribute on the forum. Try to make some videos maybe something like what to where, how to put your make up on the right way etc and upload to youtube and other video sites. Go to the social networks and interact with people and you are sure of bigger traffic. You might consider adverts in fashion ezines

uhexos, Mar 27, 2013 IP
  13. mexican-mint.com

mexican-mint.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey thanks a lot, this was very useful!

mexican-mint.com, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  14. Normanwalker

Normanwalker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The magnificent thing about your industry is that its so much more tangible and real than others. You also have a huge market of fashion enthusiasts. Play this to your advantage and think from a fashionista's perspective.

Everyone wants to look good, and they do this by dressing like other people who look good. So fill up your blog with images of new looks and plaster them all over generic social media platforms and even industry-specific ones like lookbook. Learn some basic photoshop, grab a few well-dressed friends, and go trigger happy with your camera.

Content is definitely your key. You could create a basic infographic illustrating how men and women should dress for certain occasions, or create some kind of guideline for them to follow. Or even one showing guys how to tie complicated ties or bow ties, pocket squares, what colours match, what works and what doesn't. These are the types of images that you often see being circulated around facebook repeatedly.

You could also look into doing video reviews of anything fashion-related. The latest styles, what celebrities are wearing, there's a pretty huge demand for that as well. You can even conduct giveaways to the top comments. Just record a short 3-5 minute video, do some basic editing, and upload it to YouTube.

You also have the option of hopping into cosmetics, you don't necessarily have to be limited to clothes. If you're a guy, it might be a bit of a bore but it's always worth a shot. Hell, you could even find out about makeup for men, like what K-pop boy bands use.

Your options are practically endless, and there wouldn't be any point in recommending you to do the usual guest posting, email marketing, adwords kind of thing. Chances are, you probably know all of that stuff already and if you have to ask on a forum, your methods probably aren't working for you right now.

So this is the best piece of advice anyone could give you: Be creative, and keep trying!

Hope this helps :)

Normanwalker, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  15. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buying links on relevant pages? :(
    You can link free at no cost at all and the good thing is you have the same niche and you can just share your interesting content that is capable to engage your targeted audience. ;)

KylieSweet, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  16. mexican-mint.com

mexican-mint.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the useful info Normanwalker!

mexican-mint.com, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  17. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Pinterest & Instagram!

Ethan Alvin, Jul 31, 2014 IP
  18. Madison W.

Madison W. Peon

Best Answers:
    I would definitely try establishing profitable collaborations with well known bloggers and youtubers (check the number of followers): you may have to pay them, but making them promote your business will surely drive traffic to your website.

Madison W., Aug 7, 2014 IP
  19. Ketty Henry

Ketty Henry Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Then join maximum social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Delicious. And make sure you mention on all your social profiles about your fashion website. It all helps you if content and pages are interesting and looks nice. If people attracted then they automatically come to your website. Recently I saw a very good content related to fashion website www.jenjenhouse.com on facebook . everyday they updates their status with original content what they have like bridesmaid dresses, wedding dresses and much more. and a high traffic goes to their website everyday by doing this.

Ketty Henry, Aug 14, 2014 IP
  20. maleeha

maleeha Member

Best Answers:
    you can promote your site through link building

maleeha, Aug 15, 2014 IP