1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to price a Facebook fanpage?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Cabrelle, Apr 30, 2016.

Has anyone here sold a Facebook fanpage? I own a network of pages and am looking to sell them. What metrics are factored into determining the value of a page? What's the general rule of thumb? Links to resources? I would appreciate any guidance I can get. It's not like there is a Kelley Blue Book for Facebook pages.

Cabrelle, Apr 30, 2016 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'd say first thing to do is get permission from Facebook to make sure they will even allow you to sell a fan page... a bit of a moot point if you aren't allowed to sell it to begin with.

https://www.facebook.com/terms

digitalpoint, Apr 30, 2016 IP
    matt_62 likes this.
  3. Cabrelle

Cabrelle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am aware, thanks, but that doesn't address my question.

Cabrelle, Apr 30, 2016 IP
  4. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since you already are aware of it, then why would you ask such a question. Anyways, you cannot sell a facebook fan page on any forum, because you will get banned from that forum. Also if you wish to sell you fan page, you have to do it like the old marketing style (mouth-to-mouth) publicity. Get to all your users, friends on networking sites, visitors and have a conversation about it and ask if they are interested. Its not like people are not selling them or not buying them, yes its being sold and bought, but not in forums or blogs or like advertisements.

China_girl, May 1, 2016 IP
  5. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Based on niche, user engage how active they are and number of like I guess....

robyries, May 1, 2016 IP
  6. Cabrelle

Cabrelle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not trying to sell my Facebook page on the forum. Please read the actual original post - if you are unable to contribute meaningfully then don't reply.

Right...Is there an actual rule of thumb or is it ambiguous?

Cabrelle, May 1, 2016 IP
  7. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your question is irrelevant until you get written permission from Facebook to sell the page.

digitalpoint, May 2, 2016 IP
  8. Cabrelle

Cabrelle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Assume I have written permission.

Cabrelle, May 3, 2016 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you have written permissions, then all the normal stuff would apply when selling anything really. It depends on the niche, the value to the potential buyer, how much revenue you are currently making from it, etc. With only taking the proper niche into account and not other monetization, you could probably get somewhere around $0.01 per legit like the page has. For example if you had 10,000 likes, you could get probably about $100 from a company that did business in the niche.

That being said, it would be foolish for both the buyer and the seller because without written permission from Facebook, the buyer will lose the page *and* the Facebook account they linked it to and the seller would lose their Facebook account as well. Really not worth it if you want to be a Facebook user. Bottom line is you can't sell something you don't own. You don't own that part of the facebook.com domain. Just like someone can't (legitimately) sell a thread they start on this site... creating content on a site doesn't make them part owner of the site, and without being owner of what you are trying to sell, you can't sell something you don't own.

The written permission permission Facebook *will* give has a clause that the page cannot be sold or traded for anything. It is related to transferring a page without sale (for example transferring to a different employee within a company that is taking over management of the page). So again, you would be back to trying to price something for sale that you don't own.

digitalpoint, May 3, 2016 IP
  10. JudySlean

JudySlean Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello, it can be more than 5 or 10 ! Very important how much followers and likes there! More better to do yourself!

JudySlean, May 3, 2016 IP
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Seeing as all the important things have been addressed, I will comment on the actual possible value.
    Sometimes the value is set by the effort in creating something, and or the cost it would take someone else to replicate your work. This would be more true for someone who approached you, to buy from you. Say it would cost them "$1000" and a few months for someone wanting what to build up have exactly, then the value is that. Someone desperate to break into your exact niche would be your ideal victim / target audience.

HOWEVER, For most things in life, it comes down to how profitable it is. If you can monetize it, gain recurring income of any sort for a 3 month period, then the value could be assumed to be what you made in that 3 months. It would be foolish to assume xxxxx fans = $$$ it doesnt work that way.

TL / DR. Seeing as your gonna start selling it, price it at either 3 months income, or choose a price close to reflect the time and effort someone would have to spend to build what you have from scratch.

matt_62, May 6, 2016 IP
  12. Mo Has

Mo Has Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Being someone who runs a network of pages and am always looking for more, a few key factors I tend to look at are :
    1) number of likes
    2) Audience demographic
    3) Pages Engagement & reach

Having worked with other buyers in the past, there are some that think that the number of likes on a page is enough to set the value of a page, however, if you have been working on Facebook long enough then you know that growing page likes is possible with some simple strategies but maintaining strong engagement can be tough.

I would be happy to work with you to help you set a value for your pages. You mentioned you own a network of pages. There may be potential for us to collaborate to creat a win-win for us both if you're interested. If so, drop me a message or email at moq.hasan (at) gmail (dot) com

Mo Has, Jun 19, 2016 IP
  13. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    It's really just a factor of demographics. For instance, I know that I can advertise and get likes for < $.15 - and new likes are more engaged than old likes.

So, I would value any page at less than that, depending on engagement and other factors. PM me with size and niches and I'll try to be more helpful.

VacationCrasher, Jun 22, 2016 IP