1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to prevent terrorism?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by kittyluver, Jan 13, 2007.

Will anybody willing to share the ways and means to prevent terrorism in this world. I am fed up with the terrorism. Man eating a man for power is a worst thing in this world. What do you think?

kittyluver, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  2. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think we need to kill 'em. For the purposes of this discussion, we will assume the majority of active terrorists are Muslim extremists, based on recent statistics.

These guys will stop at nothing to target and kill non-Allah believers. We either convert or die, and they only way they are going to try to tell us this is through fear and persuasion by death, carnage, and other terrorist attacks.

We can raise security, yes. This will hinder their functionality within our country. However, if we are to ensure world security, and the survival of our few and small allies in the middle east/Europe area, we must go over there and do the defensive as an offense.

We have been attacked. Terrorism has made itself known. And now we fight back. It's our turn to show us what they're dealing with, and if we back down, it will only show weakness: not strength "to fight another day". The day for fighting has come.

During the Clinton administration, Al Qaeda, via Osama bin Laden, declared war on the United States through an audio-visual tape sent to us from their location. Clinton conveniently ignored a few "unorganized foreign regimes halfway across the world" but when, 5 years later, Bush comes into office: almost 3,000 American citizens pay for his weakness, his sense of "invincibility" all in one day. It has taken 4 YEARS during the course of this war to lose that many soldiers through combat.

Our enemy is hidden. They do not wear uniforms of nationality. They wear common middle-east Arab robes, just as any other citizens, and hide guns under their clothes. (While watching a show on History Channel yesterday called "Shootout!", an interview of a war veteran explained how his platoon was ambushed by a group of innocent-looking Arabs. Then they pulled guns out from under their robes and opened fire, killing 2 of his 5 men. After the ambush, 4 Taliban leaders were killed, and all American troops were wounded. It was only a miracle that saved the other three.)

These are the people we fight. They enlist fathers, sons, and even daughters to strap bombs to themselves in the name of Allah and kill non-believers with their own life, as a sacrifice. These extremists will start in the Middle-East and Europe and Asia and work their way to other continents, spreading their religious-fanatic behavior, and eventually affecting us all, if we do not try to stop them.

Capturing their leaders is a great part in this war. The death of Saddam is great, but the hunt for bin Laden goes on. Unfortunately, though, capturing their leaders is not the brunt of this battle, and we cannot win it just like that. It may work in times like WW2, and WW1, and even the Mexican-American war, but this war is global.

Our enemy is within us. They use our own means and weaknesses - within us - to destroy us.

True: sending traditional troops to combat sectarian violence increases violence and bloodshed in the area. However, there is one distinct difference here: our troops do not target civilians, unless they are sure they pose a threat. (Military protocol. They must see or be sure they possess enemy weapons before opening fire on them.) But then again, at that point, they aren't really civilians anymore. They are enemy radicals, or extremists.

I just got done watching Lord of the Rings, the Two Towers. In it, a great fact of war is depicted: our best defense is the best offense. Once attacked, when the pride and soul of your country/freedom/nation is threatened, it's time to take up arms against that threat and destroy its power and cut the throat that feeds its evil sword.

"kittyluver", it is good that you feel "fed up with terrorism". We all should be. Unfortunately, there are those on this forum that insist otherwise. You know, in the old days, during a war, the citizens would come together INSTEAD OF showing their differentiating opinions so disruptively. There was a time when no matter the cause, the people supported their leader, when they knew it was to defend their way of life: their freedom, their leave from tyranny and oppression and totalitarianism.

There are those that will try to take these from us. We mustn't let them do this. However long the war will last, it is a necessary burden our country must bear. And if we must draft one day, I support it wholly for the destruction of worldwide evils. And if there is a draft, I know I will be one to voluntarily enlist. (I do not consider myself one cut out for war, but if my country needs me... bring it.)

Times will get worse. We have seen the beginning, we may see the end, but we now only see the progression. Something more threatening looms. Terrorism? Maybe. Communist/despot/nuclear countries? Maybe. I do not know.

All I know is, one day, our country and its constitution will "hang by a thread", and the means by which this country was founded will nearly fail.

If we do not fight the good fight... then there is no good worth fighting for.

chulium, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  3. sarathy

sarathy Peon

Best Answers:
    Destroy everyone and every thing ., There wont be any terrorism thereafter....,

sarathy, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  4. chulium

Best Answers:
    ...that's not a method within practicality...

chulium, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  5. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    two words...nuclear bomb... (can't wait to see what the moonbats think of that one...)

d16man, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  6. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Getting Dick Cheney out of the White House would be a start mate.

AGS, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  7. Markwebuk

Markwebuk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    that's not the right way m8.

Markwebuk, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  8. it career

it career Notable Member

Best Answers:
    terrorism is the result of extreme hatred between communities
    The damage is irreversible, that is this hatred can not be removed as long there is no new mutation to human genome.

it career, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  9. Rick_Michael

Rick_Michael Peon

Best Answers:
    I eat cereal. I think cereal does the trick.

Can't disagree with Jesus...can you?

[​IMG]

Rick_Michael, Jan 13, 2007 IP
  10. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a joke m8...

d16man, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  11. AGS

AGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah leave the nuking out in the Middle East to Israel, they are the only ones with noooookular weapons. :D

All funded by the US too. :D

AGS, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  12. chulium

Best Answers:
    *Reads replies*

Did anybody even read my post?? How many ignore lists am I on? Or was it that pathetic...

chulium, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  13. d16man

d16man Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I read it, hence the joke..but the dems think we are serious...Israel and the USA are plotting to nuke the whole world and have one big Jewfest where they celebrate...

d16man, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  14. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Kittyluver, I think the key to peace is having plentiful catnip, a red ball with a bell to chase, a nice warm bed and a bowl of milk for everyone!

Rebecca, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  15. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    BTW Chulium, well thought out post. Perhaps 6 months ago I would have disagreed with you on some level. But after learning more, I do believe what you are saying. It is not a very pleasant truth, but seems to be true nevertheless.

Rebecca, Jan 14, 2007 IP
  16. Felder

Felder Guest

Best Answers:
    First of all, you can leave religion out of terrorism conversations. Don't forget, that there are (or at least were) christian terrorists in Spain, UK & Ireland and lots of other countries too.

How to prevent it: by respecting others and avoid causing distress to population.

How to achieve this: N/A

Conclusion: We are phucked

Every terrorist is a seed of some injustice. And the saddest part is, that the reason for hatred might be thousands of years old. So, this leads back to my conclusion :)

Felder, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  17. Dudley

Dudley Guest

Best Answers:
    Errrrrr. Those so-called terrorists just hapenned to be Christian. I have not seen any evidence that the terrorism was performed in the name of Christianity. Don't you think these issues were politically motivated? An act of terror performed in the name of Christianity is a very rare occurance.

Other than that nit, good observations. We can't stop terrorism. We can only kill terrorists.

Dudley, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  18. Shazz

Shazz Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If U.S> would have signed with the 14 Points before world war 1

Shazz, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  19. chulium

Best Answers:
    What would you rather do: let terrorism run rampant and uncontrolled or kill as many of them as you can?

chulium, Jan 15, 2007 IP
  20. MarRome

MarRome Peon

Best Answers:
    So when all our embassies and the USS Cole was being attacked during the Clinton years who's fault was that??

MarRome, Jan 15, 2007 IP