1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Post A Message On The User Wall Using Facebook Graph API

Discussion in 'PHP' started by theextelligence, Apr 3, 2012.

Hi All!

I was going through this tutorial (http://www.masteringapi.com/tutoria...on-the-user-wall-using-facebook-graph-api/33/) and was trying to figure out how do I post a message on my friend's wall using the FB Graph API.

I was able to post messages for friends who have authorized my App (clicked on teh ALLOW button of my app) but I am not able to post on my friend's wall who have NOT allowed my app.

So my questions are:

1) Is it possible to post a message on a friend's wall who have not authorized my app?

2) If yes, how do I do this?

3) If no, then is there any alternate way? Actually I am trying to implement a feature in my application that will allow the users to invite their friends.

Please suggest

theextelligence, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  2. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    (1) no (2) ... (3) of course not, and if there was an alternative way it would be immediately sealed.

Common sense, do you want everybody in the world to be able to post on your wall? .. I think not.

ps: we call this "spamming"

However, since all you want to do is invite friends, that's fully enabled in the facebook API (as long as it's not forced, or a required action), see this discussion on SO http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7068417/using-facebook-api-to-invite-friends

blacknet, Apr 3, 2012 IP
  3. theextelligence

theextelligence Member

Best Answers:
    Hi

Thanks for the reply.

How does the FB Friend Selector work? I mean does it not allow to post a message on a friend's wall without authorizing anything?

Thanks

theextelligence, Apr 3, 2012 IP