1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to point a domain name to a subdomain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Allen Fan, Nov 18, 2015.

Hello all,

I did some research on what I want to achieve, and I've read some stuff about it. It's not exactly what I am looking for though.

Here's the situation: I own two domain names, domainA.com and domainB.com.domainA.com has hosting, the other one is just a domain name.There is a subdomain subdomain.domainA.com on which a forum is hosted.What I want to achieve is that when people visit the forum ( subdomain.domainA.com ), that the link in their browser is "converted" to domainB.com. (So it looks like a standalone website)I also want people that go to domainB.com, to keep seeing domainB.com. But actually they are in subdomain.DomainA.com. Not sure if this requires a different step, or I can just redirect domainB.com to the subdomain.domainA.com and then "convert" it back to domainB.com with the trick above.I don't really mind how it's implemented, but I prefer a .htaccess file (on subdomain.domainA.com).

Apologies if this sounds a bit confusing, and thanks for your help in advance!

Allen Fan, Nov 18, 2015 IP
  2. onymguy

onymguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I assume the following folders:
    domainA.com points to public_html/ folder
    domainB.domanA.com ->public_html/domainB/ folder

Then, you can simply go to cpanel,
    then click addon domain,
    add you new domain domainB.com and select the folder public_html/domainB

onymguy, Nov 19, 2015 IP
  3. vivek967