1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to plan a business model for my blog?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by aboobada, Oct 10, 2015.

Hey guys, a newbie's just arrived :)

The story is: I'm trying to plan a business model for a blog I already created a while ago about learning MATLAB. The reason I'm doing that is because I've spent days and nights on you know web design, wordpress stuff, good content, seo, visual fb posts design.. I paid nothing but this work is so time consuming!

Anyway, after one month of launch, all what I gained in return was a few people browsing my site from time to time :(. Before I started, I already had 13K likes on my facebook page. After, they became 13.5k! and I couldn't pass 3K reach for a post.

Yes It's just one month (I don't want to seem impatient), but I think this would be just a waste of time and could be better just spending time in a job or so.

The question is: I'm wondering how much revenue the blog will make through ads (adsense etc.). I'll do my best to improve content, traffic, time spent on website and all that stuff (I'm still learning) but I'm not sure if it's really worthwhile and don't know how to make it so. If not, I'd better find something else to do :)

Can anyone help? Thanks in advanced.

aboobada, Oct 10, 2015 IP
  2. CandleKeep

CandleKeep Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would plan an entire sales funnel for your blog.

Have a free giveaway (or several). Have a onetime upsell behind that giveaway. Build your list every step along the way. ;)

Think about products you can create, or promote to your end users to monetize your email marketing list.

Just my $.02, in my experience email marketing is king.

CandleKeep, Oct 10, 2015 IP
  3. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to funnel that traffic towards a higher paying, relevant offer. That way you can also build a list.

thefandango, Oct 12, 2015 IP
  4. Dave Pierce

Dave Pierce Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest to use a pop up box to capture their email address when they try to leave your site and offer them a free gift to join your email list.

Dave Pierce, Oct 12, 2015 IP