1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback How to perform MEO (Marketplace Engagement Optimization)

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Matthew Sayle, Mar 30, 2016.

I love the Digital Point marketplace, it's where I spend most of my time.

I list sites for sale from time-to-time and I am trying to figure out how to crack the code for getting my listings shared via email and the homepage.

It seems some of my listings get shared hundreds, if not thousands of times all throughout Digital Point - while others only receive the organic views inside of the marketplace.

I have done a few experiments - and the only thing I can figure out is the more traffic a site has - the more it's shared.

If this is the case, that's a faulty system because a lot of the established sites on DP are using bot generated traffic.

I think it's awesome to have a free marketplace to list websites and domains. However, I think the promotion of threads should be reserved for premium members.

If a member isn't "premium", they can pay $10.00 or so to add their site to the "featured" pool.

You could have an algorithm that only shares websites marked as featured, and then throttle them based on if they have analytics displayed, adsense displayed etc.

The more transparent your listing is, the more times it will be promoted by DP.

I strongly feel that this will put more money in your pocket, because it's adding a HUGE benefit for premium member, that will actually pay for itself. So, that adds value without costing DP anything.

Also, people will absolutely upgrade their listings to "featured" if they feel it's worth it.
    Why not spend $10.00 to get a faster sale? I sure would.

Also, the real digital property investors here can jump straight to the featured listing section and get past the lower-quality websites that don't provide much value.

I think this is something you should really consider. Your marketplace is freakin' awesome - but it could be even better.

Also, think about all of the authority sites that would want to blog about a major overhaul like this - it would bring in some natural backlinks as well.

One more thing, I love the affiliate link option you have added to the ebook marketplace. Any chance of integrating that to the sites area?

If I see a high quality site for sale AND the seller has added an affiliate commission percentage - I could refer people to the thread and make a couple bucks if one of my referred users buys the site.

I don't know of any other marketplace that offers an affiliate system like this, so it would be ground breaking.

Let me know your thoughts, I am super excited about the possibility of any of this actually happening.

Solved! View solution.
    Matthew Sayle, Mar 30, 2016 IP
    To answer your question about a site being promoted into emails and home page stuff areas, it's not based on existing traffic. Currently it based strictly if there is any activity (as in there are valid bids). The intent is to make it just for premium members, but I got sidetracked with other stuff when it was being tested... but hopefully will have some time to loop back around and do that (and some other things). Probably would bother with the $10 type of fee for non-premium members. Really just becomes too much work coding-wide to start supporting one-time transactions bound to one sale. And then you also run into issues like how do you handle possible refunds if that particular sale was deleted for whatever reason.

The affiliate option on a per domain/site sale basis is something already on the to-do list... just have not had the time to do it yet.

digitalpoint, Mar 30, 2016 IP
  3. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome!

That's exactly the answer I wanted to hear.

Matthew Sayle, Mar 30, 2016 IP