1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to pay from Paypal balance and not the card attached with it?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by icpathi, Feb 16, 2009.

Last time I purchased premium account from RS using Paypal. I thought, this is not going to charge my credit card that is attached with my account since I have enough funds in Paypal balance itself. But, it has charged my credit card. I don't want it to happen again. I wanna pay another service now and I still have enough balance at paypal itself.

What will happen? Will it charge my card or it will take from my paypal balance? Please help.

icpathi, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  2. chpshah

chpshah Banned

Best Answers:
    Actually I have also same problems like you, my card is also debt without any notice, I am also looking for solution.

chpshah, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  3. icpathi

icpathi Peon

Best Answers:
    Lets find a solution together. :D

icpathi, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  4. digitalpointdevine

digitalpointdevine Peon

Best Answers:
    When making payment normally PayPal looks first on the balance. But if a credit card is selected instead there is a link on the page which takes to a page where one selects from available funding sources. Look for that link.

digitalpointdevine, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  5. engineerroy2008

engineerroy2008 Member

Best Answers:
    Paypal works like this

1) If it is a monthly subscription it will see the card only not the balance
    2) If it is a one time payment it will take even from card or balance, you can select this option

engineerroy2008, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  6. CodeShop

CodeShop Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link your bank account with paypal. Paypal also offers a debit card. So don't use cc. Use a debit card.

CodeShop, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  7. engineerroy2008

engineerroy2008 Member

Best Answers:
    This is available for Indian customers also? This option is not showing in the paypal account

engineerroy2008, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  8. CodeShop

CodeShop Active Member

Best Answers:
    May be your account is not verified and have some limitations. For this you must have a bit good balance in your account according to my opinion. It appears as an ad. But you can search it. If it is helpful for you. That's not possible paypal will lose its potential clients by disallowing the debit card.

CodeShop, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  9. PerfectMoney

PerfectMoney Banned

Best Answers:
    inmy experienced if you like to purchased some goods online and has no balance enough for this paypal will cut your money for it,and if you like to add funds to paypal.I think youcan get the options from the menu.deposite,or add funds I believe I have seen that before at the paypal account area only

PerfectMoney, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  10. HighLayer

HighLayer Peon

Best Answers:
    May sure your Paypal account has the funds in the same currency as you are paying.

HighLayer, Feb 16, 2009 IP
  11. CodeShop

CodeShop Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think that paypal can covert the currency. It is not difficult. According to me in the case of debit card. He doesn't have enough funds and his account is not completely clear and have limitations of verifications etc.

CodeShop, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  12. icpathi

icpathi Peon

Best Answers:
    Purchasing RS premium is in Euro but I have the currency in $. So you mean this is why PP took the money from the card and not from my balance? If that is the case, then will I be able to purchase anything else from PP balance that is in US$?

icpathi, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  13. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not familiar with RS premium but if it is a subscription (ie you pay more than once) then it has to be paid through a credit card, this is to ensure that payment would be recursive. If it is a one time payment then payment would be from your existing balance first before your credit card.

eddy2099, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  14. MikeTrike

MikeTrike Banned

Best Answers:
    Some sites do not accept funds coming straight out of your paypal account. For example, GoDaddy accepts PayPal, but when you buy something from them, it comes from your Credit Card and not your account balance.

MikeTrike, Feb 17, 2009 IP
  15. iWareWolf_

iWareWolf_ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Anyone solved this issue yet?

iWareWolf_, Aug 13, 2013 IP
  16. rajin

rajin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    due to regulations by central banks of various countries [ especially india] paypal can't act as banking medium. to capture the transactions and money involved rbi used this measure. indians need to attach even their pan card. also paypal need to directly send money into indians bank a/c within the week your a/c received any. indians can't hold balance in paypal.

how come govt gonna check if you are using your balance for various transactions and even evading tax? here comes PURPOSE CODE into action too.

paypal just comply with rbi and survive in india and everyone knows rbi is right in this case.

rajin, Aug 19, 2013 IP
  17. gouthamvvs

gouthamvvs Member

Best Answers:
    are you from india? if you are then you cannot use your paypal funds to pay, you can only go via the credit card route.

gouthamvvs, May 8, 2015 IP