1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to optomize adsense ads?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by iconrate, Dec 7, 2004.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but as I'm new (and technically lazy today) I will ask how is it possible to change a site's adsense ads 'category'. For instance if you were to run a matchmaking site but knew your users would be more apt to clicking web hosting ads, is this possible? Would this be done by using frames? Any help is appreciated. :)

iconrate, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  2. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this is not possible unless web hosting advertisers bid on keyword "matchmaking".

dejaone, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  3. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not what adsense is about, and they will refuse you if you request such a service. Adsense is all about contextual targetting - if your clients want web hosting, write an article about it, otherwise, it's just not going to happen.

david_sakh, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  4. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks both for your input. Specifically I run a buddy icon site and obviously the links pay out pretty bad even though I'm receiving some days more than 150 clicks and still not making more than a buck. I just thought some way it could happen.
    Thanks again

iconrate, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  5. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    there are other advertisers out there - and I'm pretty sure you can run categorical image ads and adsense on the same page. I'd explore that option first.

david_sakh, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  6. iconrate

iconrate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's true, I'll have to look around and see what I can find....
    I've used adsense over 8 months and never even thought to just replace them.

iconrate, Dec 7, 2004 IP
  7. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    I know what you mean... I have also seen some sites that seem to have adsense ads that have nothing to do with the content of the page.

However, all they are doing is cheating. I am sure that isn't allowed and Google wouldn't like to see a buddy icon site having ads related to webhosting.

Yes, the clicks pay crap, I had several that gave me one lousy cent, but you just need to hang on and try to find the right ad placement and colors that will atract clicks. Maybe 5 clicks for 10 cents isn't much, but if you manage to get 50 clicks for the same ad, then you can see that your earnings start to rise.

fryman, Dec 7, 2004 IP