1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to open a bank account in another country?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by EGS, May 21, 2007.

Hi..

How can I go about opening a personal and/OR business account in another country? Is there a way I can do it online? If so, what information will the bank require?

I am trying to find somewhere that will be good and safe from US taxes. :p
    Please do assist and I give you mega + rep. :D

Thanks!

EGS, May 21, 2007 IP
    commandos likes this.
  2. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    You need a bank that has branches both in US and the other country. HSBC is one. They are a pain to deal with. If you learn of any other, let me know

demosfen, May 21, 2007 IP
  3. demosfen

demosfen Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, that's what you need? Then it won't help, HSBC will still want your SSN. What you need instead is invest in physical gold , there are ways to buy (and sell) it without IRS finding out

demosfen, May 21, 2007 IP
  4. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Even if you work in another country, you still have to pay some US taxes. Also, that a serious crime over there, i wouldn't risk that for a few thousand buck

ahkip, May 21, 2007 IP
  5. richt71

richt71 Peon

Best Answers:
    I know switzerland and some carribean islands have a no reporting law..in fact it's illegal for any official to reveal details to anyone of your bank account. The only exception is if they think funds are being used to fund terrorism. However a word of warning...certainly in the UK the tax authorities raided a number of accountants for aiding and abetting (?) tax evaders. Not sure if the US has/could do same?

richt71, May 21, 2007 IP
  6. marcusa007

marcusa007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need to check into Liechtenstein they are supposed to be the best. But no matter what you have to personally go to open accounts. But they keep the bank secret the most compared to switzerland and Austria and they are keeping themselves out of th EU which is a big part of keeping secret. I stumbled across a web page a while back about it but can't remember the page, was an interesting topic but not important enough to bookmark.

marcusa007, May 21, 2007 IP
  7. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Resource sites, links, etc appreciated. :)

EGS, May 21, 2007 IP