1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to move my google product search / base up a gear?

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by mindwarpltd, Dec 3, 2009.

I've been reading the older posts relating to google product search and google base with great interest. But I haven't found anything which suggests how I can improve my sales drasticly.

I've been using base for about a year, I have a PHP script which links into my store database which produces a tab delimited file, which base polls once a month.

I've seen mention that some of you guys submit manually a lot more frequently. I don't tend to modify my content except for any change in quantity due to sales.

I've added some custom fields and I use the same description (well the text version) of my html product product pages, but I don't think this has helped.

One of my products, I seem to sell at least one every week, so I think the fact that its been listed for about a year has helped.

I've got about 70 products, which have a varying quality and amount of description content. I noticed the one product which does better has over 250 words.

I know some people have mentioned review sites, to gain links, but I've yet to find any such sites.

Can anyone suggest how I can move things up a notch, without too much cash?

Whats worked for you?

TIA

mindwarpltd, Dec 3, 2009 IP
  2. Atco_Maart

Atco_Maart Peon

Best Answers:
    In google base the feed is more important.. if your feed has more fields and description then it's chance of getting higher is good... if you seo your product and push them then you are definetly going to get the search results and sale as well... be more descriptive abt your feature... in description just give features of the product and try to keep it as short as possible,but use the limit of the google product description....

Atco_Maart, Oct 21, 2010 IP