1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How-to move a resellers account with 39 sites to another host?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by haakonu, Jan 26, 2006.

It's got WHM and all sites have Cpanel. I can't see any option in WHM for backing up or transferring the whole site.

Can I use FXP to transfer it? If so, do I need to use a remote access key from WHM?

TIA!
    Haakon

haakonu, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  2. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd love to hear a good answer on this one too, because I've found it to be very time consuming. I think hosts may actually prefer it that way, making it difficult to leave them. Some hosts will do an import for you.

dvduval, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  3. ServerUnion

ServerUnion Peon

Best Answers:
    Your new host will have root WHM access on the site that makes the moves really easy.

1) All they have to do is enter in some site info and cPanel will pull it to the new server.

2) At that point you set your DNS to the new IP address and set the TTL rather low so the change propogates.

3) Change your nameserver IP addresses at your registrar.

4) Thank god you didn't stay up 2 days moving the sites!

ServerUnion, Jan 26, 2006 IP
    Aragorn likes this.
  4. haakonu

haakonu Peon

Best Answers:
    Serverunion,
    If I had the root-pass of the old server, this would work. I don't, and I won't get it either.

So it seems I will have to create backups of every site from within Cpanel... :(

haakonu, Jan 27, 2006 IP
  5. mdvaldosta

mdvaldosta Peon

Best Answers:
    Just do it site by site, you can transfer accounts with WHM by username and password also. You can only do 1 site at a time but it's much faster than downloading and uploading.

mdvaldosta, Jan 27, 2006 IP