1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to move a campaign from one account to another?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Ticktockman, Aug 7, 2006.

Hey all -

I have an Adwords campaign that I've been running for a client for a few months now. They now want their campaign to be transferred to their own Adwords account. Is there an easy way to do this? This campaign has about 15 adgroups and 600 keywords so it would take a long time to just re-create.

Thanks!

Ticktockman, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  2. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ask to the AdWords Support to migrate the campaign for you.

This is the only way to do not lost all Keywords Quality Score.

The only limitation is that they do not migrate Image/Video Ads.

Micromag, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  3. ewan

ewan Peon

Best Answers:
    Another way, but you lose your Quality Score is to copy the campaign using the Adwords Editor, and paste it into the new Account.

This way is certainly quicker as you won't need to contact the Adwords Team. But the big consequence is losing the QS.

ewan, Aug 7, 2006 IP
  4. Ticktockman

Ticktockman Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys!

There's no huge rush on it so I emailed the Adwords support people to move the 5 campaigns I need. If you've done it before, do you know how long it usually takes?

Ticktockman, Aug 8, 2006 IP
  5. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here in Brazil, Takes normally 2-3 business days (is faster if compared to a content network ad approval).

Last week I sent a mail requesting to migrate 3 Campaigns on Thursday morning, and they finished the migration yesterday (Monday) - is really fast.

If the process is similar with the one here, they will send you a very simple form so you tell what you want to migrate (in your case the 5 campaigns names) and the email/account ID of the source and destination accounts.

the account history statistics and Graph ads will not be migrated but the Quality Score will be the same for sure.

Is important to check all data after the migration: one time they migrated and all campaign settings (country target, languages, networks) was completely wrong - and I just fixed it before running in on destination account.

Micromag, Aug 8, 2006 IP