1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to monetize unused domains?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by John D, Jan 3, 2017.

Hey,

I have a huge amount of domains that aren't being used and I am paying for some over 10 years, I just don't have time to work on them.

What would be the best way to make some money on the sites?

Even putting something generic to do with the name and include ads, I don't care as long as it doesn't hurt the domain in terms of google etc.

Just too many good names to leave to waste and paying for nothing.. I want to keep them for future development.

Thanks for any help :)

John D, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  2. bxuser

bxuser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can always sell them on here at DP or other forums and market places or you can make some money parking them at places like sedo.

bxuser, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  3. giahan

giahan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    you can use youtobe, alibaba, and adseen your site

giahan, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  4. John D

John D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have put some on Sedo but I think they can do a lot better. Some aren't even hosted but still registered in my domain account.

I think I need to do something that is quick to do and content related to the domains that will generate money.

I used to do really well with adsense, I think it's a disaster now so I'm looking for other options. It would be a last resort but with so many domains, something is better than nothing :)
    Out of touch with a lot of recent changes to be honest working on offline business, that's why I'm looking for help from the pros here ;)

Thanks again

John D, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  5. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what your domains are! Are they niche domains? Are they "valuable" domains?

If they are niche domains, you might be able to set up WP blogs on them, add some content, and monetize them through affiliate programs. Some of them could become good redirects.

About those that are more valuable that you've tried to sell on Sedo... you could set up a site on some of them and sell them as sites. You could also set up your own Domains for Sale site (okay, this would mean buying yet another domain...) and list them there, sorted by topic and/or category, and link them to your listings on Sedo - through your affiliate links!!! And then promote the heck out of that site!

That way you might earn commissions even if people end up buying other people's domains on Sedo!

SEOwriterplus, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  6. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It all depends on the domain names. You can try to park them on a domain parking company like Bodis and all you have to do is add them to your account on Bodis and change the nameservers at the registrar and you can earn money from clicks that people do on ads that they place on the domains. There is also an option there to have a small for sale tag on the domains if you want to entertain offers for them while they are parked.

Other than that you can setup some kind of mini sites with some affiliate ads but I don't know if you would want to do that much work.

ulterios, Jan 4, 2017 IP