1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to monetize this website?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by wiweq, Oct 11, 2013.

Hi all,

I am running a website 'BharatTutors . com' for last 3 years. Its an online platform to connect student and tutors in India. So far 15,000 students and tutors have joined the site and accomplishing their tutoring needs. So far, all services are 100% free at site and haven't used any ad on the site. It's a niche wesite and targets audience only in India.
    In last 3 years, I invested the money in Google Adwords/ Facebook ads, and now I want to make money from this site. Can anyone suggest me what may be the best way to monetize this site? FYI: Its getting 1,500 hits a week.
    Thanks.

wiweq, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  2. hanady

hanady Member

Best Answers:
    I would really suggest charging the tutors a small fee. It is way more profitable and better than ads if you are really getting the students. Offer some feature to premium tutors and charge them a certain amount of money.

hanady, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  3. Felix Hernandez

Felix Hernandez Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about 1 free week/month and then upsell on other services or begin to charge a weekly/monthly fee for the service. Once someone gets something for free, they will appreciate your service and begin paying you.

Felix Hernandez, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  4. johndavis74

johndavis74 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is always a option but I agree with Felix offer something for free and try to upsell some type of premium service.

johndavis74, Oct 11, 2013 IP
    bmac likes this.
  5. sumeet lunia

sumeet lunia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bro You can display adds of some educational institutes and universities which pay per lead/query and later on conversion/admission also.
    Suppose your 1500 visitors go and 150 fill query form of sikkim manipal university on your site for distance learning and if you get 100 INR per form your earning becomes 15000 INR for that week and also when someone takes admission.
    Weekly income increases with increase in traffic
    You can also display ads of other sites like shopping etc.
    for any help,feel free to contact me.

sumeet lunia, Oct 11, 2013 IP
  6. mharris

mharris Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You may want to consider marketplaces like BuySellAds. A website generally needs over 50,000 impressions but they will approve websites with less traffic that have unique content or serve a unique purpose. If you site is truly connecting people, you may have a chance of getting approved. BuySellAds also likes sites that are well-designed and have social proof. Once approved, you are able to connect with advertisers interested in buying ad spots. They handle all the serving of the ads for you with their ad code and you are able to control the price. They take a certain percentage (I think 25% of revenue). You can make a solid income.

mharris, Oct 12, 2013 IP
  7. wiweq

wiweq Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for prompt responses. Recently, I added a new membership category as 'Institute' at the site. I am planning to follow Freemium model, where some of the services for institutes and tutors will be paid. My plans also include to reach certain advertisers personally, and invite them to advertise at my site (I already have got one and 20 slots are still open). While finalizing my plans I'll keep in mind all of given suggestions here.

wiweq, Oct 13, 2013 IP
  8. shorte.st

shorte.st Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Shorte.st can help you monetize your external traffic :)
    PM me for more details

shorte.st, Oct 15, 2013 IP
  9. Ratna Sari Rahayu

Ratna Sari Rahayu Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can chosing adsense or media.net for placing ads on your website, its good for high paying click

Ratna Sari Rahayu, Oct 19, 2013 IP