1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to monetize email marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by johnrush5, Jul 18, 2014.

I have a good understanding of opt-ins and the benefits of your email list driving traffic to your blog.

My question is how do you use that email list to help monetize your blog? (aside from the traffic it generates)

johnrush5, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  2. Thomas Owen

Thomas Owen Active Member

Best Answers:
    Majority of email marketers tend not to focus on driving their subscribers to their blog but instead drive them to affiliate promotions. The main priority is to build a relationship and trust with your email list, if you publish valuable blog posts then you can send an email to your list informing them and insert the blog post link. This not only drives them to your blog providing them with value in your post increasing trust but also puts them in front of any affiliate links or banners you may have in your post or sidebar etc.

Thomas Owen, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  3. Ethan Alvin

Ethan Alvin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Once you've built a email list related to your niche, you could act as a solo ad seller to send that particular traffic to those who need it.
    E.g. you have a weight loss site and have been collecting subscribers in that niche. There are people who want to direct weight loss traffic to their offers.

Ethan Alvin, Jul 18, 2014 IP
  4. airforce10

airforce10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Are there any "email marketing add networks"? I don't want to search for customers on my own.

airforce10, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  5. Vitarank

Vitarank Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I couldn't agree more with what Thomas had stated. :) In addition you can act as middle man and be an seller and divert that possible traffic to those who are in need of it. You need to establish a very good relationship with your list though, to make it work.

Vitarank, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  6. safetynetzero

safetynetzero Active Member

Best Answers:
    Once you have an email list you have one of the best traffic generators! No reason to drive this traffic to your blog (unless it's to a page with a specific offer); use the blog to help build the optin list. Then send your subscribers directly to an offer, either your own product or an affiliate offer. You have created a relationship with your list so this 'warm' traffic converts well (if you've established a strong bond with your email subscribers). You can now market to them over and over again.

safetynetzero, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  7. wildfang

wildfang Peon

Best Answers:
    Totally agree, also I will add to give your subscribers helpful information.

wildfang, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  8. cborrx

cborrx Member

Best Answers:
    Presumably you have picked a niche and are attracting subscribers to your email list because of a common bond with this niche. You will then be sending out quality emails to your subscribers on a regular basis (2-3 times a week) and maybe once very 3-4 emails you would include a link/reference to an affiliate product that you believe in, which should be related to your chosen niche. Your subscribers will have come to trust you by now and some of them will make a purchase. Rinse and repeat. Good Luck

cborrx, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  9. wildfang

wildfang Peon

Best Answers:
    Too right. The problem I have is building the list quickly. I have paid for some solo ads and spent $150 and have only 60 subscribers. Granted it is targeted but it is taking a long time. Any ideas to supercharge this will be appreciated.

10. cborrx

cborrx Member

Best Answers:
    I have read that funnel clicks convert better than solo ad clicks. I will be trying it myself very soon. Give it a try and compare. Good Luck

cborrx, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  11. wildfang

wildfang Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for that will do some research into it.