1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to monetize a blog.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by afaufio, Feb 13, 2018.

Hello dear friends,

Recently i started a blog and placed adsense ads there. I just had 2 pages written and google suspended my adsense account for invalid click activity; i was banned unfairly. What i ask is how can i make money with my blog as i consider to go ahead with it ? I got kind of lost with this adsense decision even more that i didn´t click my own ads and head just 3 clicks. I write abouta disease that is considered not curable by conventional medicine, but is cured by the traditional chinese medicine. How can i monetize this blog ?

Thanks in advance for all answers and help.

Warm regards

afaufio, Feb 13, 2018 IP
  2. Scriptechweb

Scriptechweb Member

Best Answers:
    If you are optimizing your blog for Adsense then make sure that you are writing quality & keyword enrich content. Optimize your blog with Magazine style theme, quality content, Blog Authorship, Social Share. Add all your blog url under Adsense panel so Google can track all the listed blog and you'll not receive any unwanted clicks from different sources if your Adsense code is being used by any other person. So, make sure to include all your url under Adsense Account. Also, please follow only Whitehat method for Adsense to keep your account active without any issues.

Scriptechweb, Feb 14, 2018 IP
  3. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would highly recommend to start building a subscribers list. Optimize your entire blog for email marketing.

You can also monetize with a few affiliate products, but do not over do this. What you want to mainly focus on is building that email list.

As you are building your email list, set up your follow-up sequences to build a relationship with your subscribers. And promote affiliate products gradually.

As time goes by, and you are building an email list, you should look into creating your own digital products. You can write a short ebook on your topics and sell it for a few dollars to your email list.

Everything will start with your blog and email list. This is the smartest way to monetize for passive income.

Once you have your blog site fully optimized for email marketing, you need to start building up the traffic to it.

Here is an image that can help you this simple concept a lot better.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps! :D

Snoopy240, Feb 16, 2018 IP
  4. madahason2

madahason2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about adsense, it takes a whole ton of clicks to make small pennies on adsense. i would recommended you find a product related to the topic you are writing about and see if you can promote it as an affiliate.
    To promote your article to get quality leads, join related facebook groups and interact with those groups and once in awhile you share the links to your articles. don't spam though, spamming will get you kicked out in most serious groups.
    Do youtube videos and give enough insight on the topic and the solution to it. people will find it useful and they will follow the link to your site and hopefully make purchases through you affiliate links. There are many ways to monetize your site but if you are still starting out better stick with one and grow as you learn.

madahason2, Feb 18, 2018 IP
  5. hodor1

hodor1 Member

Best Answers:
    I also have a blog and I don't use adsense, I use real cpm and ad maven for pops

hodor1, Feb 22, 2018 IP
  6. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah, I agree with madahason2. Find a product that is related to your blog. Maybe work out an affiliate situation with the manufacturer. Perhaps there are books on the subject? If so, may they are listed on Amazon, which does have an affiliate program.

usasportstraining, Feb 22, 2018 IP
  7. egoldzone

egoldzone Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try CPA offers for health ... so many offers on clicksure

egoldzone, Feb 22, 2018 IP
  8. afaufio

afaufio Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it´s not allowed so, i won´t take the risk of posting. Anyway i just made 2 posts once i had this adsense issue. Anyway, i would like to say many thanks to all the friends. I will look for affiliate programs.

afaufio, Feb 25, 2018 IP
  9. Tom Lindstrom

Tom Lindstrom Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend you start writing lots of articles on your blog. The articles need to be unique and provide value (useful & helpful). Articles written in list-form, top 10 lists, "how-to" - articles will often be shared online and linked back to. Just by writing great content, you will eventually get all the backlinks that you need automatically. Another thing you need to do is build an email list. This is really important if you are looking to make money from your blog.

Tom Lindstrom, Apr 9, 2018 IP
  10. expels

expels Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try adding clickbank links on the health category.

expels, Apr 27, 2018 IP
  11. Sean Gugerty

Sean Gugerty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Beat me to it Expels. That's exactly where I would look. health's got nice payouts too. I couldn't sell that if my life depended upon it. I'm the most unhealthy person alive haha!

Sean Gugerty, Apr 27, 2018 IP
  12. blueink02

blueink02 Member

Best Answers:
    Important factors to make money from a blog/site:

1. Content : First write quality content for your blog, make it a habit that you write consistently.

2. Promotion : Simultaneously promote your content across every social media (whichever is possible) like twitter, facebook, pinterest, instagram

3. Extra promotion - submit your blog to blog directories, share on reddit, quora etc

4. Monetize - Now once your site gains adequate traction, start monetizing it.

Most of the newbie bloggers ignore 1-3, jump straight to point 4 . There is no way to make money overnight in online world! You can't earn from your blog within 6 months of starting it unless otherwise you promote them with paid Ads (don't read the hype articles by certain bloggers)

Though the motive is to make money, you need to wait patiently. Getting approval from adsense is not an easy task but getting banned is very easy. Similarly earning from adsense is a tedious one unless otherwise you have lot of visitors to your site.

So apart from adsense you can join affiliate networks like Amazon, commission junction, shareasale etc. Sign up process is easy and free. Since your niche is health, choose health related products and start promoting. Review articles performs well with affiliate networks. Hope this helps!

blueink02, May 12, 2018 IP
  13. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    If Google banned you, you were getting some click fraud. Maybe it was you, maybe it wasn't, but they are really, really good at identifying it.

VacationCrasher, May 19, 2018 IP
  14. jean007

jean007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's Easy to activate your blog monetization but your blog must have good traffic from USA without buy links.

jean007, May 19, 2018 IP
  15. shaznjam

shaznjam Active Member

Best Answers:
    profitable way to monetize a blog that generates 1,000 visitors per day is to create and sell online courses.

shaznjam, May 19, 2018 IP
  16. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    For most people, your advice is sound. But let's not say you can't earn from a blog within 6 months. We launched the current sites in August 2014 and were profitable in September, with full time salaries in October. But that's with a solid understanding of what to do and how to do it.

VacationCrasher, May 20, 2018 IP
  17. blueink02

blueink02 Member

Best Answers:
    I totally deny with you. You can't earn unless otherwise you promote via paid ads or already you have a huge follower base. I am telling this from my experience as well as from fellow bloggers. A newbie blogger needs atleast a year to understand what works for him.

blueink02, May 21, 2018 IP
  18. Bout Warrior

Bout Warrior Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is a really weak way to monetize your blog in the beginning. You have to get a lot of clicks and you earn so very little. It's a way for google to increase their network revenue by having all these sites link to them monetarily.

My 2 cents is the time honored way of building an email list that you have the trust of to market to. The email list is yours and as long as you deliver valuable content to them they'll take care of you. People need a shepherd. Be theirs...

Bout Warrior, May 21, 2018 IP
  19. blueink02

blueink02 Member

Best Answers:
    After the GDPR release do you think Email marketing still worth?

blueink02, May 21, 2018 IP
  20. mindmedia

mindmedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Following are the top 6 lucrative ways to monetize a blog:
    1. Affiliate marketing
    2. Consulting
    3. Advertising
    4. Courses or Services
    5. Paid Reviews
    6. Info products (eBooks, video series, etc)
    However, most bloggers are prone to committing a few mistakes as listed by Melissa Griffin in the article below:
    http://rplg.co/12a37130

Look, let's face reality.
    Blogging is immensely hard these days.
    Before you even think of monetization, gain an audience first.
    Once you have a loyal audience, you can win the world.

mindmedia, May 26, 2018 IP