1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market with Squidoo and make people want your lens

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Apr 18, 2009.

I'd like to talk about squidoo.com and how to create a kick butt lens.

The secret to really crafting a kickbutt lens is in the modules. You can create a lens that people will not leave, people bookmark, people twitter, people fav, and people comment to death. I literally clicked publish on two lens today and got 2 viewers on each lens. It's not 1,000 [like some of you brag about] but for me clicking the publish button and driving 2 people to it... has any of your websites done that? [don't lie]

First the basics:

Makes sure you include at least 3 text modules and a guest book for comments. Include at least 200 words in each text module. Include your keyword not only in the URL, but also the title and the first text module. The 2nd and 3rd text module titles should be attention grabbing, like a question which draws the reader in.

On to the fun part:

Here are some modules you should / could include in your lens and I'll go over each:

1. amazon spotlight - this is for revenue. I include books, always. Not that I think people read, but I think people who do read, tend to spend money buying books. A dvd people steal movies all day long. So I use a book that's on topic. If nothing else, it adds to the flavor of the page. I put my amazon affiliate link in here so I get directly paid.

2. google blog search - include relevent keyword and have it refresh every 30 minutes. This provides your page with fresh content every 30 minutes. Who cares if people click on it. It's mainly for SEO.

3. duel - this can be on topic or not. A duel is you create two different candidates and you ask is A or B better. For instance I said I Ron Paul Better than Barrack Obama and in my 2nd are Democrats better than Republicans. Also there's a feature on there after you vote, that pops up and allows you to twitter your vote, with a link back to your lens. This is how i got the traffic. This will keep people coming back to see who is winning and everyone that votes will also twitter their votes, which self perpetuates the traffic.

4. poll module - another attention grabber. You can make it targeted on your keywords or not. but people will return to check the pole.

5. new table of contents - just so people can navigate your page at a glance

6. twitter search - put a keyword in the module and it will show the latest tweets about the keyword. People can click on the tweets and maybe give you some juice back on twitter

7. video module - for me, I make youtube videos, so this is like cheating. Put an on topic video, people will sit on your page watching the video. There's no youtube comment box though and it's embedded on your lens. Just keep people on your site just that much longer.

8. black box - a huge black box and you can put some huge funny message in it. Breaks up the page visually and you can jump on your soap box for a second.

9. links voting - this is cheap as hell for an affiliate marketer. You can put two links or more and ask which link is better and people vote on the links. I told you it was like cheating. You see the power of this?

10. talk bubble - just like black box only it's a big comic book bubble

11. the most important thing - just like black box and talk bubble only it's a square and it's called the most important thing.

12. amazon - can put up to 5 things you tell it to create or just put a keyword and amazon creates up stuff. It creates fresh content every time amazon updates according to your keyword if you let amazon decide. Good for SEO and has prettty pictures that change all the time.

13. ebay - same as amazon and you get 50% of the money split with squidoo. Make sure you include your paypal account in your settings and also make sure in your settings you designate that you want cold hard cash, otherwise they automatically donate all money to charity you make on your PAGE.

14 big arrow link - this is the cheeziest of all the affiliate marketers wet dream modules. It's two huge arrows pointing at "HERE'S MY FAVORITE LINK" and the link is not only a link, but you can html keyword it. I mean, this is like: fish; barrel; shotgun. It's so friggin cheap and funny. :D

With these modules you can see how you can create not only a good affiliate page, but make money on it, and keep people hanging out on it.

With proper promotion, your lens can be the talk of the town, and you created something cool in your niche.

You can then do the entire thing over for the next keyword.:eek:

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Apr 18, 2009 IP
    choice, elitesystem and Valkerie like this.
  2. choice

choice Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great post thanks for sharing. Rep given

choice, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  3. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks grouse, i didn't see any other tutorials here.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  4. brianconor

brianconor Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is as good as mini ebook on squidoo. Even you could have sold this through buy, sell section with little more steps. Anyways thanks for this and also i think in addition to all these modules, one can also use RSS module. It is pretty useful and will take care of updating your lens from time to time.

brianconor, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  5. lyxbird

lyxbird Peon

Best Answers:
    nice, i didnt notice the poll module part before
    thanks for sharing :)

lyxbird, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  6. rainmist

rainmist Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing. It seems that content is also the king in Squidoo.

rainmist, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  7. Cryogenius

Cryogenius Peon

Best Answers:
    The RSS Module is nice for showing recent blog posts, but it's important to note that the search engines can't see any of the items or links in the RSS Module because it's rendered with Javascript. This means that you don't get credit for either the links or 'fresh' content.

Just so that you know.

:)

Cryogenius, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  8. elitesystem

elitesystem Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yea, you dont get credit for the RSS ofcourse.. thanks for the guide Vegas, i have been squidooing for a long time and thought about writing a guide for the DP members. I am working my way through! but anyways good job ,rep added :)

elitesystem, Apr 23, 2009 IP
  9. Las Vegas DUI Lawyer

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone :) Appreciate the rep and comments. I didn't think RSS was ideal for the page so I didn't include it.

Las Vegas DUI Lawyer, May 14, 2009 IP