1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market article directory?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by articlebazar, Apr 13, 2006.

Hello All,

I've started my own article directory (http://www.articlebazar.com/) at the end of March. Now it's well online running smoothly. However, the problem now facing me is that how can I market it and let writers come and post their articles? I'm more a tech guy therefore I lack the necessary knowledge of marketing. Would you all senior members help me? Thanks a lot! Any ideas and suggestions would be highly appreciated.

articlebazar, Apr 13, 2006 IP
  2. ZxMarketing

ZxMarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I just went to your site. It looks really nice.

But, it is a bit confusing.

Right at the top you have those google ads. I clicked on them. But the way
    that they are set up i thought that they were actually links FOR your website. I understand that you want to create revenue. But, if i was ready to submit an article to your site that would turn me off rigt away.

as far as the marketing,
    Keep posting in various forums like you have here.
    Actively seek out websites that you think have good articles on them already.
    Maybe even consider some cheap ppc terms.

ZxMarketing, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  3. rubeina

rubeina Invisible Staff Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It looks good, but you should add some more categories as many people search very specific category to submit their article, you can get an idea of all the categories you should have in directories that are doing well, e.g articlealley.com or ezinearticles.

rubeina, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  4. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice looking site. :) You may want to get in touch with Article Marketer - it's a service I use (as a publisher) for article distribution. If you were able to get on their list of "submittees", they could probably send you more articles than you know what to do with. :)

HTH,
    Sam

WebFreedom, Apr 15, 2006 IP
  5. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How many articles does Article Marketer send you a day then?

john269, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  6. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi John,

I don't think there's a fixed number that they send per day - it would basically depend on what type of directory (theme) you have, and what types of articles they receive for submission. Their process is pretty manual, with a lot of human intervention, and they only submit articles to the directories/newsgroups that they're relevant to - in order to avoid any spam/banning issues.

HTH,
    Sam

WebFreedom, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  7. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OK!

Thanks, I was just wondering what you may or somebody else may have been getting on average.

john269, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  8. articlebazar

articlebazar Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for your input, I was also planning to remove those Adlinks on the top right side of the page. As for the low cost PPC marketing, do you have any idea of how much should I bid on the article related keywords?

articlebazar, Apr 16, 2006 IP
  9. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess that is one good think. If he clicked on them thinking they were your navigation or something then at least you have integrated your ads into your site well.

I have seen a few sites that have the adlinks looking like some sort of navigation, that is a definate no, no.

People will think they are navigating your site, but are actually clicking away from it instead.

john269, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  10. diamond008

diamond008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good site. I like that. I think work with article marketer is good way of getting a lot of article.

diamond008, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  11. articlebazar

articlebazar Peon

Best Answers:
    Anybody having experience with article marketer? How does it work out? My site requires the author to register first before he/she could publish his/her articles. So if I work with article marketer, is this going to be a hurdle? Thanks again for your input.

articlebazar, Apr 20, 2006 IP
  12. rahman15

rahman15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which Article Marketer you are using? I have an article directory I want to market too…anyone point me to an Article Marketer you are using or had used?

rahman15, Apr 21, 2006 IP
  13. WebFreedom

WebFreedom Peon

Best Answers:
    I have experience with Article Marketer, but on the publisher side. Registration will not be an issue - they register (on the publisher's behalf) for any directories requiring registration. From a publisher's perspective, everything is automated, but from Article Marketer's perspective, it's a pretty manual process - and they only submit relevant articles to directories, based on topic.

The service I was referring to is actually called 'Article Marketer' (http://www.articlemarketer.com/).

HTH,
    Sam

WebFreedom, Apr 22, 2006 IP