1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Market an Indiegogo Project??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lawless87, Nov 12, 2012.

Hey guys I need tips on how to promote this project for a few Disabled Veterans that are trying to raise money to start a new venture take a look at Veterans need your support please pass this alone to your friends.

Thanks
    Fred

lawless87, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  2. himanuzo

himanuzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need traffic for your site.

- Social media: Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin
    - Press release
    - Forums that related to your niche

himanuzo, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  3. Mr.Coe

Mr.Coe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I saw your video and suggest that you make another one with veterans in it. Maybe they can say how your actually helping them. Maybe show a picture of some of the facilities you will be helping as well.

The video is really what sells people on donation sites.

And I also agree with "himanuzo", you need to use social media for promotion! Try contacting people with huge or medium sized fan pages about veterans or the military.

One more thing for all your perks include thank you letter, or a personal thank you letter from a veteran.

Mr.Coe, Nov 12, 2012 IP
  4. Caden

Caden Member

Best Answers:
    Check on the website, but I think until you get some donors, maybe three to five, your fundraising page won't be visible to everyone who comes on the site, so you have to promote to get those first few donations.

Caden, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  5. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You can learn a lot from Matthew Inman. He has had two very successful IndieGogo projects. Yes, he has a big following in the first place. Anyway, he stories of success (and failures) are well-documented by him. (Such as with his past dating sites.) I would say he is one of the best (if not the best) content marketers out there, especially as he doesn't pay. You can learn a lot from studying how he uses social media - he really offers to people something they are interested in, that is relevant. Comedy is one thing that people love to share, but also touching stories. Establish contacts with relevant news sites for the type of material you are releasing. Hopefully you can encourage them to write about you and also share on social media with their followers. So yes, make some good material and market it in a targeted way.

Anyway, good luck.

Going ever so slightly off-topic: My father works for a charitable organisation in the UK related to housing and homelessness. He manages several projects, but his main focus is on one for former military personal, helping them reintegrate into civilian life and overcome any problems they are having.

ryan_uk, Nov 14, 2012 IP