1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Market an aStore with nothing but books

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 27, 2014.

I set up an affiliate account through Amazon and created an aStore. Does anyone have any interesting ideas on how I can market this?

http://astore.amazon.com/jamsblo03-20
    Code (markup):

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    From my perspective, the only value that an aStore brings to the marketplace would be to group a certain number of products into one easy place to be found by buyers. Amazon offer gazillions of products and it is often hard to go through all of the options that it offers. For example, if you were to have Jameyson's Faith-based Monthly Product Selections that all tie into a theme or a holiday or something like that, you could promote it as the best way to find what you are looking for, etc. Your blog would be a good place to start promoting it and then you could move on to social media, PPC, etc. But it is the differentiation that will be key; otherwise, why not just go directly to Amazon?

jrbiz, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  3. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I actually set the astore to only have books of a spiritual nature.

4. homer7

homer7 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are trying to rank it, i guess you can spam it with blog comments and some good backlinks since the root domain is high authority domain it should rank quick.

homer7, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    How about a press release (to be sent to spiritual media types) that outlines your new store and its focus on helping readers with spiritual interest? If you can catch the attention of a reporter/editor and convince them that it is news of interest to their readership, it could result in a nice launch of the store.

jrbiz, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  6. JessUBotNinja

JessUBotNinja Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you are on the right path by segmenting it -- and jrbiz's suggestion of having a theme each month. Amazon is a monster and for those that don't like searching through countless pages could really appreciate it if you help them by breaking it down more -- so instead of just spiritual, you give them specific areas that they can look in -- spiritual quiet mediation, spiritual awakenings (might even be able to break this one down even further).

There are plenty of spiritual based publications and sights that you can work with, contact, etc to get the word out there. I would even say to start it locally try working with yoga studios and things like that to promote it off line too.

JessUBotNinja, Aug 27, 2014 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Does Amazon offer better templates? I am not impressed with the one you've got there.

qwikad.com, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  8. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol I wish. Unfortunately this is it. If I didn't mind creating my own page and just embedding everything onto it product by product, I could pretty much make it look the way I want, but with over 1,000 products that'd be a major hassle.