1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market a website in order to beat older giants

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by PsyhoMidget, May 21, 2019.

I want to market this website, https://coinexchangedata.com/ with the goal to compete with coinmarketcap or coingeko. So far the tried and true banner ads have yielded some success but we're still looking into other methods. Do press releases, premium articles, etc. work on a website which just started to acquire users or is it more for a grown website?
    Thanks for any insights as this is my first time doing this and the budget is not for my experiments...

PsyhoMidget, May 21, 2019 IP
  2. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Since you are tracking cryptos, why not do a takeoff of what PayPal did when they were unknown?

Instead of paying money for advertising, give everyone that signs up some crypto and let THEM advertise for you. I bet that dollar for dollar you will get a LOT more bang for your buck. It worked for PayPal, so it has an excellent chance of working for you.

mmerlinn, May 25, 2019 IP
  3. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am thinking press releases is the best way to go. Makes you look professional, and if google/yahoo news etc pick your release, you become a big blast overnight. Other than that, constant appearance on social media.

JEET, May 26, 2019 IP
  4. doliam

doliam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    g
    great idea! it is like a bounty campaign, but only that you give them real money, you would get thousands of people that would post and comment and try to attract people :D Only thing that you need to solve is how to track data and how to make payouts fair.

doliam, Jun 4, 2019 IP
  5. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    PP started by paying everyone who SIGNED up $10 each. PP did NOT pay for referrals at all.

Later PP dropped the SIGNUP bonus to $5 each. Again, PP did NOT pay for referrals.

Doing that raises NO issues with fairness and means NO tracking needs to be done. Just simply pay for SIGNUPS.

mmerlinn, Jun 4, 2019 IP
  6. rihsam

rihsam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try facebook sponsored ads, promoted tweets, and google ads. I think these three are very effective.

rihsam, Jun 5, 2019 IP
  7. 0dysseus

0dysseus Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Coinmarketcap have about half a million followers on Twitter. Coingecko have about 30000. Try and activate those people, talk to them, maybe see what they'd want to see that's missing in your competitors. If you provide them the value they're not finding elsewhere, they will advocate your brand for free.

0dysseus, Jun 5, 2019 IP