1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market a SEO Reseller Business?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Wired Host, Sep 4, 2016.

Hello everyone.
    I'm looking to start a SEO service reseller business, where i'll be outsourcing the work to freelancers.

I've seen many such seo reseller websites being sold on flippa.com that do monthly business of around $1000+. They basically have a list of freelancers, and marketer/promoter(Who brings high quality leads to the website).

My question is, do anyone know about those marketer/promoters who bring high quality traffic to the website? Also, tell me about the best recommended freelancers to go with(don't want to reinvent the wheel)

It would be great if you can refer me to a online course/guide to start a WHITELABEL SEO BUSINESS.

Thank you.

Wired Host, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  2. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Freelancers
    There are many sources for freelancers ... you can google.
    As for recommendations ... the vast majority of freelancers (in pure number terms) are desperate for quick income and in fact not able to do the job - whatever job/task you pick, there are a great many more unskilled people than properly skilled ones.

Those who know some good freelancers do not want to lose them and will not recommend them except may be to 'share' them with business partners. You need to develop expertise and experience at interviewing and finding good freelancers and THAT has been the hardest part of my work for the last 25 years!

Marketers/Promoters
    These are called "affiliates" in most such cases. If your service is in demand and you have evidence that you can convert the affiliates' referrals, then plenty of people will promote your service. All you need do is your SEO work to promote your own service first. That is do your keyword research and SEO your service in relation with affiliate marketers.

There are many sites where affiliates gather and there are many services that promote affiliate offers of all kinds in this case an SEO service.

Warning: the bad ones just waste your time. The good ones need you to present a convincing case that your service is worth promoting compared to all the other good opportunities they have. You must be able to show evidence of many sites that used to be on page X of google results but after your SEO work they went to page 1 or 2 or 3 of Google results and the traffic went from a few per day to hundreds or thousands ... and this happened in weeks.

When I say show sites ... you can't just say oh look at this site called Amazon, it was on page 1,000 6 months ago now it is on page 1 for "books". You must have screen shots backed by the archive machine results. You must be able to demonstrate that you are indeed the SEO guy for the site.

Alternative Option
    You could join some of the freelance sites as an SEO provider and your initial customers become exactly those case studies that you can then present in your own SEO business. But note that, on the freelance sites, you are competing with a lot of poor quality people. That is good because if you know your subject, you can easily show you are vastly superior. But it is a bad thing because most customers are not able to tell the difference between a good SEO and a bad SEO ... they therefore often decide based on cost, since most SEO people use the same language.

Do the first few projects as cheaply as possible, delight your clients and then you have both evidence and a loyal customer base who will pay much more to keep you.

My own thoughts: SEO has changed and it is much, much harder these days ... the search engines DO NOT want anyone to optimize the sites for ranking & traffic (which is what your customers want) .... and the engines constantly change the rules. The engines want site owners to provide quality info/content/services.

I therefore think, the future (& present) is much more productive and financially rewarding if you don't fight the engines and instead provide quality services that enhance the quality of your clients sites. Remember yoru SEO clients actually want traffic ... and there is no shortage of traffic channels, many of which are totally independent of search engines ... BUT once you get those traffic channels producing results, the search engines also give you free traffic!

Good luck
    Samo

Samo, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  3. Wired Host

Wired Host Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you so much Samo. You're one of a few who helped me in such great detail. I wish you success in your future endeavors.

I've found what i was looking for on warriorfoum offers section. It's a DONE for you whitelabel agency business starting at $24.95 http://www.startbucks.net/ ?aff=2580 (My affiliate link. Remove if needed.)

In case if you want to take advantage of this opportunity, here's the thread: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-special-offers/1081765-done-you-start-your-own-white-label-web-agency-business-no-exp-skills-needed-rave-reviews.html

Wired Host, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  4. Samo

Samo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are welcome Wired Host and thanks for the info.

Just a word of caution that you can apply to many such offers: if they can do this, why would they do it for me! ... So they make $24.95 and I make lots more on top?

Think about it, for me to spend $25 on any service I would need to make to make 4 times that, $100, to allow for my own time, investment, costs etc.

Why would anyone do a service for me that makes $100/month so they keep $25 and I enjoy the remaining amount $75/75% or even $10/10% !

Be careful, they "start" at $24.95 ... often you will need to then buy extra this and extra that and then you find it still doesn't make enough to cover your costs.

Good luck

Samo, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  5. samilee80

samilee80 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I love this one and it also has the reseller...check out my siggy or get to me in pm

samilee80, Sep 7, 2016 IP
  6. billejod

billejod Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digitalpoint is also platform to outsource the seo work .

billejod, Oct 5, 2016 IP
  7. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Im just gonna tell you my two cents just in case it gives you an idea.

As far as marketing this tactic would require their phone number, which the person who used it on my got from me signing up for a free web hosting account.

Now you said white label, so obviously you want to generate your phone number through your own methods, which is up to you.

When they called me they had a unique twist compared to most people selling SEO services, it was an automated recording that said "Your website is not listed on google, press 1 to update listing now". I just wanted to share it because as a marketer, it even caught my interest.

It would be a great way to market it to the general public, but then again you might already have it figured out.

Matteo Matt, Oct 6, 2016 IP
  8. Kurt Roswell

Kurt Roswell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Give out free website SEO assessments. It takes a lot of work but it's effective to lure SEO businesses in that you at least know your stuff. It also gives them an idea on what to expect from you.

Kurt Roswell, Oct 7, 2016 IP