1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market a myspace/arcade game site

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Jasonb, Nov 2, 2006.

Hi there.
    I am doing some SEO work for a myspace/arcade game site. Has any one got any ideas how to market it, e.g directory submissions, buying text links, banner ads, buying signature links ect... What other ideas are there?
    How could i get thousands of visitors on the site every day ect...?

Thanks

Jasonb, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  2. Activeweb

Activeweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Allow your visitors to embed your games into their profiles. Make sure there is a link included under the embedded games that points back to your site.

Also, don't forget to include your keywords as anchor text in that backlink...it will help with your SEO efforts

Activeweb, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  3. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, this has allready been done there is over 2,500 games to select from allthough not many are on peaples profiles yet, this is why i need to market the site to get peaple to do this you know :)

Jasonb, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  4. Thermit

Thermit Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is always a good move, but arcade arena is fairly competitive since there are so many older established arcades. Buying traffic from a banner exchange is the simplest way to get the visitors. Many arcade webmasters are finding this a simple way to turn a profit.

Thermit, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  5. Activeweb

Activeweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    In that case, I would be trading links with myspace resource sites or purchasing advertising from myspace resource sites. They get tons of traffic that would be interested in what you're offering.

Don't limit your advertising to only myspace resource sites, but that's where I would start

6. SamOwen

SamOwen Peon

Best Answers:
    Word of mouth. Ask all your friends and family on MySpace to spread the word about your site. In a Non-Spammish way of course ;)

SamOwen, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  7. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The only problem with this is that you always get people that embed the game without including your link. That is something major to worry about as even when they do include your link, the amount of bandwidth each game consumes is extremely high to what a normal webpage may consume.

john269, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  8. Activeweb

Activeweb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but if you monetize your site properly, bandwidth won't be an issue. I'm currently using this method of viral marketing using videos and I have had nothing but success ;)

9. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Send out a bulletin or two ..... its a great way to get the site off the ground.
    One bulletin to 1 million usually guarantees consistant traffic of around 1k uniques after the initial rush dies down. If the site is good enough the viral effect ensures the traffic keeps coming.

Cyclops, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  10. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It will be an issue if you game is on a site that gets your game thousands of game plays and you only get a few visitors from it. The bandwidth could end up costing more than the actual cost of what it would be to pay for the visitors. But if you game gets you lots of visitors then I don't think it will be an issue.

john269, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  11. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:

This is a problem indeed.
    I have arcade site iwth 400-500 daily visitors, but it eats 100 GB bandwith, cause , I believe, hundreds of games with removed links are on myspace profiles.
    In the begining, i was mailing to those on myspace who use my games but remove links.
    Now , that is out of control, and I dont have a time to track that.

almir, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  12. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That is one reason why I don't do it. I have games, but I prefer them to link to my games pages rather than embed the game into their site. There is not really any control over how many people add the games and how much traffic you may get. If your games get popular on other sites then you may end up finding that you are spending more on bandwidth than what you will ever make from your site in the whole year.

Also, if you let others embed your games, then you can't exactly use any hot linking features on the games as you will then stop the games working on other sites.

john269, Nov 2, 2006 IP
  13. sanjeevan_a

sanjeevan_a Peon

Best Answers:
    @almir

couldn't you implement some kind of hot link protection for your games, so to play them, the user will have to come to your site.

sanjeevan_a, Nov 3, 2006 IP
  14. john269

john269 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It can be done, but if you do that then you can't allow myspace and other social network users to embed your games in their profile as they will not work.

Another way of doing it is my coding it in the actual games theirselves, but then most games a free from other sites that you can add to yours and you are not surpose to edit the games.

john269, Nov 3, 2006 IP