1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to market a gaming website?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Technary, Jan 4, 2014.

1. John Eulizer Nimo

John Eulizer Nimo Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's a lot of things that you need to consider first. But I'd go for forums and paid traffic.

John Eulizer Nimo, Jan 26, 2014 IP
  2. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    ok thanks for the suggestions! :)

Technary, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  3. Technary

Technary Member

Best Answers:
    I will try forums first, then paid traffic

Technary, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  4. Chuck Rodgers

Chuck Rodgers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Create pages or groups on social media websites. Then there are also going to be groups on gaming in social media sites as well, you could add your link on those pages as well. But post your link only once a month, so that you stay away from facebook radars. Or else you could get banned from facebook.
    Then also look for forums on gaming, look into those and post your link over there, or you can also latter get a signature and put a key word and set it with a hyper link on it with your website.
    Then people write blogs on games all the time, you can read those and then you can leave your comment on that and also tell people about your website as well. Link you comment to your website so that web crawlers don't find your post to be spamming. And if it helps even more, type in names of your competitors and well, and give the better points about your website and attract your customers to come to your site instead of your competitors

Chuck Rodgers, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  5. razashah

razashah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go ahead and look into cheathappens discussion forum, join and share your website there, thousand of people lover of games are there you can best promote your website into such places!

razashah, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  6. wennykev

wennykev Member

Best Answers:
    The social networking sights are great to use, chat rooms and the like. Go into a room for games on yahoo, my space, AOL, whatever and just go in and tell people about it or post a link. Go through your e-mail contact list and send everyone in it an e-mail about what you have. You just don't have to limit yourself to only gaming chat rooms though. Hit them all. you can also hire experts from SEOclerks who can help you in increasing your ranking, traffic, viewers and in marketing at cheap rates.

wennykev, Jul 16, 2014 IP
  7. janinaherz

janinaherz Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a lot of arcade sites in the internet already...so you have to think of a way to stand out from the crowd.

What I suggest is,
    1) Create addictive demo version of the game and let the gamer to play, promote it through Youtube and Gamer community forums/social sites.
    2) Do a Press Release, I think it will also help.

All the Best, Mate.

janinaherz, Jul 21, 2014 IP
  8. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    have unique content, google will take care rest

karthimx, Jul 22, 2014 IP
  9. springning

springning Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    trying to find some game forums to promote your website. My website is a B2C game console website.

springning, Aug 8, 2014 IP
  10. demonicsheikh

demonicsheikh Member

Best Answers:
    Forums won't help. Give good deals and promote your website via advertising.

I am myself a gamer and i love deals, Discounts, Bargains, Good Payment options etc.

If you are talking about flash gaming websites then add as much multiplayer games as possible

demonicsheikh, Aug 10, 2014 IP
  11. PartnerwithJackie

PartnerwithJackie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should most def get some PPC going with adwords. Are you selling anything on your site?

PartnerwithJackie, Dec 9, 2014 IP
  12. letsplay

letsplay Member

Best Answers:
    I'm telling you that the most efficient method to promote a gaming portal is by creating flash or html5 games and spread them on as many websites as you can.

Set a goal like develop or sponsor 200 good games and publish each of them on 500 websites. In return every website will give you at least 2 visitors per month.

The total would be:

200 games x 500 websites x 2 visitors = 200 000 unique visitors per month.

letsplay, May 15, 2015 IP