1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to make sure a font variations are found with css

Discussion in 'CSS' started by sharpweb, Jan 26, 2006.

I'm looking to use copperplate gothic bold for some titles in my website. I'd like to make sure that if any version of copperplate is found on a users computer it will display. There are a lot of versions of copperplate out there. Here is what I have so far based on the fonts available on my computer:

font-family : Copperplate Gothic Bold, Copperplate Gothic, Copperplate Gothic Light, Arial;

How can I match a font named Copperplate Bold for exmple, without manually adding al the possibilities???

Thanks

sharpweb, Jan 26, 2006 IP
  2. the_pm

the_pm Peon

Best Answers:
    You pretty much have to add in all of the possibilities. I don't believe there is a wildcard system that will allow you to specify a partial name. But, it's reasonable to believe specifying a couple of the basic Copperplate variations should be enough. Typically, someone with the basic ones will have the full set. Rarely will you find someone with Copperplate Gothic Light who doesn't have the original version as well.

the_pm, Feb 2, 2006 IP