1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Make Premium Wordpress Themes Giveaway Viral?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by deepak1986, Jul 19, 2013.

Hello Friends,

I organized a giveaway on my website http://www.frip.in which includes $800 worth of wordpress themes and graphics. Till now the no. of users has been lukewarm. We are using punchtab for the giveaway so that decision will be fair and winners chosen automatically. Since each member can have almost 15-16 entries, the no. of members who participated till now is low.

I would like to ask members who are experienced in this area, to shed some light on how to make a giveaway viral.

Thanks and Regards
    Deepak Arora

deepak1986, Jul 19, 2013 IP
  2. .Mosey

.Mosey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Give away something for free to all of your visitors. Like one wordpress theme or something. By downloading it, they'll automatically be entered into your giveaway. Since they're getting something right away, more people will be inclined to enter the competition.

Here's where it gets hot: in order to be entered into the competition / get the first free download that's available to everyone, the user has to go through a "share to get" style script, e.g. cloudflood (which is free, by the way).

Basically, what this means is that in order to download the first free theme and enter the competition, users will have to Tweet or do a Facebook share. They'll be pretty well incentivized to do this because:

1.) They're getting something free right away
    2.) It's entering them into a nice giveaway competition to get more stuff

A small group of initial downloaders can blow up pretty quickly if what you're offering is nice - they tweet/fb share, then their friends see it and do the same thing, then their friends see it... etc.

Make sense?

.Mosey, Jul 19, 2013 IP