1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Make Money With Petition Marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Internet Whizz, Feb 28, 2007.

I thought I would share this with you.

Its something I recently tested out and waiting for the results. I managed to get resell rights to this report but rather then selling it I might as well share it in my own words.

Write a petition about something and distribute that petition to as many people as possible – thus creating a viral effect, so the more people that sign your petition the more chance you will have in making money.

A petition is basically something you ask people to sign in the hope of achieving something.

Step 1

First of all I would recommend looking at different examples of existing petitions online.

The best site that shows this is http://www.petitiononline.com – Have a look at all the different petitions.

Have you noticed that there are literally thousands and thousands of different petitions on this site with different topics?

Also notice most of the petitions have Adsense ads (more on this later).

At this stage I just want you to get a basic feel of all the different types of petitions.

Can you imagine having several petitions making you multiple streams of income daily?

Once you have browsed around the site its time to decide to write your petition.

Step 2

I do not think you will have any major problems writing a petition. If you do not know how to write a petition just Google 'How to write a petition' and it should bring in a list of several results and sites that should help you in writing your petition.

It does not really matter what length your petition is just make sure it is something that you would feel is appropriate to you and something you are passionate and feel strongly about.

Step 3

The next step I usually take is to come up with an appropriate topic for your petition. I would advise you to choose something you would feel passionate about. For example, if your niche was about pets then you come up with a petition to 'stop cruelty to pets' and ask people to sign it.

Have you ever heard the saying “Controversy creates cash”?

Have a look at the national newspapers. Is there something controversial at the moment? Are a lot of people talking about something? If you created a petition on something controversial the chances are hundreds, if not thousands of people would sign the petition.

Controversial topics usually get the most attention because people like reading on topics that would bring in curiosity.

For example, we all noticed the controversy surrounding the hanging of Saddam Hussein and there were mixed feelings about this.

The same can be said of the trial of Michael Jackson in 2005 when he was found non-guilty and therefore, some people felt that this was not justifiable, so if someone would have created a petition then imagine the amount of signatures they would have had during that period.

Be creative with your petition and do not copy what others are doing. There is plenty of ways to make your petition look more interesting.

So make sure you research your topics before you write your petition.

Step 4

The next step is to host your petition.

There are several FREE petition scripts that you can install on your host for FREE.

I would definitely recommend

http://www.chimicon.com/petition

http://www.petitiononline.com/petition_FAQ.html

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/create.html?z00m=99858

This petition script is not free but its well worth it and it is amazing because your signers can actually sign their name with their mouse through a JAVA applet drawing program. This script is $9.99 but worth the money.

(P.S If you do not how to install the script that it is best to ask someone who does)

http://www.intelliscript.net/static/petition.shtml

Once you have decided on your script – install it.

Depending on your script I would make sure the petition script has a “Tell A Friend” feature. This is important to spread a “viral” message and also important in telling your friends about the petition so they can sign your petition.

The best tell a friend feature I would use is http://www.cgibiz.com/tell.html

This is very easy to set up.

Only use this feature if your script does not have this feature.

Its a useful feature because not only you can bring traffic to your petition but you can also spread this so people can also pass on your petition to their friends.

Step 5

Once you have created your super-duper cool petition just place your ADSENSE or YAHOO Publisher Ads within the petition. I would place the ads in the middle of the content.

Imagine this – your petition is going to be in front of the eye-balls of hundreds of potential people who will look at your petition and in the hope they 'might' or are 'bound' to click on your Adsense Ads or your Yahoo Publisher Ads.

Step 6

In order to launch my petition and start bringing in visitors I would use the following methods -

A Cheap Google Adwords PPC campaign to spread the method and bring in 'quick' traffic and use controversial keywords for my niche petition

Submit my petition site to StumbleUpon (http://www.stumbleupon.com) so other users can 'channel' surf my website and hopefully sign the petition and click on a few ads, provided I used relevant tags

Submit my petition link to Reddit.com - http://www.reddit.com to increase the viral interest

Use Myspace bulletin feature to announce the petition in the appropriate topic

I would also add any affiliate links to your petition. For example, if you have signed up with Clickbank then you are free to incorporate Clickbank link within your petition.

You can even create your own product related to your topic – which again can attract more visitors. Think about it. These visitors are at your website already and now its your chance to upsell your product by showing them Google Ads that they might click on after they sign the petition.

Hence – your viral petition will keep on bringing more visitors to your site.

Imagine what you could do with hundreds and hundreds of petitions?

Now its time to launch your petition and start bringing in traffic....which will result in a viral epidemic!

I dont expect much but reputation, and greens would be nice:D :D

Internet Whizz, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  2. krizil

krizil Peon

Best Answers:
    Woho!

Actually, this is a great strategy in making money. I tought, you wanna talk about BUM Marketing. I guess I'm wrong. Earn money by writing a petition. eeehhhhmmm... sounds great, huh?

I'll try to do it after you already get the result... thanks for the info. :)

krizil, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  3. Internet Whizz

Internet Whizz Banned

Best Answers:
    LOL - just thought I would share information rather than sell it. Sometimes sharing is a great thing to do :D :D

Would appreciate some reps though ;)

4. krizil

krizil Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a great strategy!

But it's a little bit funny.

You write a petition by saying this and that. Then the people believe what you've said in your petition and come to support you. They thought, you are really one of them but you just want to get some money from them.... hehehehe... :)

krizil, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  5. Internet Whizz

Internet Whizz Banned

Best Answers:
    You write a petition based on something controversial or something of interest then just slap your adsense ads on.

6. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ha, I remember this report. Too bad I paid $2 or whatever for it back when The Special One was making crazy threads selling $5 reports, and now it's free. :)

MTbiker, Mar 2, 2007 IP
  7. rajeevabc

rajeevabc Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Whizz,

I just stumbled upon your thread. In fact, this is what i was planning. Thanks for a great thread.

In fact, I have also reggd some great petition names.

What is the name of your petition site? I shall be glad take a look and give you some feedback.

raj

rajeevabc, Apr 16, 2007 IP